Bloody Dock

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Does anyone grow it? I always thought it was a marginal, but most of the online sources talk about it growing in wet soil? I love the color and leaf shape - also the low height. But I don't want to drown it in the pond.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I grow it in my pond in a plastic mesh pot with only rocks, no soil. It does fine but gets leggy when it produces seeds. I usually trim it back at that point and it looks a bit ragged for a while.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
I grow it in my pond in a plastic mesh pot with only rocks, no soil. It does fine but gets leggy when it produces seeds. I usually trim it back at that point and it looks a bit ragged for a while.
Thanks! How far below the surface is the crown of the plant?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It grows from tubers that put up clusters of stems. I think those are a couple of inches below the water. Not exactly sure since it has been there for a few years now.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I grow it in the margins, but at the very very edge... more marshy than pondy. And I'll tell you this - once you have it, you'll have it forever! It's a prolific re-seeder.

Ask a Question