addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thankyou so much. I had read addy's post but didn't know how to save it and lost it
here you go.

Don't over think it, I have 27 feet of 2 inch pvc sliced up with a saw jaw, ends are capped , no clean out, 2.5 feet deep pea gravel, full of plants and it works great.

Others use snorkels, aqua blocks etc. It is basically a lined hole, pvc pipes running down the hole, full of slots, holes which ever you prefer, fill with gravel, plant done.

I used 90 degree joints others used 45 sweeps etc.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Yeah, I was thinking on the same lines as GBBUDD about keeping the bends to a minimum. I used a "wye" fitting instead of a "tee" where it splits into two and tried to use wide sweeps instead of tight 90's where I could.
Truthfully, and after the fact, I don't think it matters. I unscrewed the cap on one of my clean-out stacks while the pump was running. Wholly cow, there was so much pressure I couldn't get the cap back on and I got soaked! I had to shut the pump off to screw the cap back on.

Reaction score
Country
United States
here you go.

Don't over think it, I have 27 feet of 2 inch pvc sliced up with a saw jaw, ends are capped , no clean out, 2.5 feet deep pea gravel, full of plants and it works great.

Others use snorkels, aqua blocks etc. It is basically a lined hole, pvc pipes running down the hole, full of slots, holes which ever you prefer, fill with gravel, plant done.

I used 90 degree joints others used 45 sweeps etc.

Ask a Question