Bottom drain/overflow

FountainMan

Dihydrogen Monoxide-scaping.
Reaction score
This has been an awesome year in the pond.

I'm hoping soon to expand this into a 2nd pond I've been planning for years. Now the location of the pond is at the bottom of a unavoidable slope. While we don't get half the rains in the area their isn't much to worry about however we do see occasional downpours which flood the bottom of the yard. Unfortunatly with limited options and compromizes the bottom of the slope is the only place to build the pond. I am familiar with balloning of the liner when water gets under the liner. I'm hoping to partially allow for drainage under the pond. The pond due to it's location is going to me a partial retention pond. I don't want water spilling over the sides taking fish and what ever may be unfortunat enough to get washed out.

Now for the tricky part of the plans. I'm wanting to install an overflow drain in the pond. Again this limited space and low in options may force me to go through the liner. With this I'm trying to come up with a standing overflow pipe in the deepest part of the pond that can be removed from the base via threaded fitting or slip fit turning it into a bottom drain for when the pond needs to be drained. The question is how do you make these things absolutly water tight? The size of pond and the price of liner requires isn't cheap and I don't want to do that may screw things up. Found this video on Youtube which is what I'm thinking but kinda got lost in the instructions.

Does anyone else have a setup where they have a pipe through liner for anything?

Attachments

• overflow diagram.png
    overflow diagram.png
    4 KB · Views: 291
  • Overflow diagram 2.png
    Overflow diagram 2.png
    8.6 KB · Views: 258

Ask a Question