Bragging on a friend

Reaction score
This is my friend Yvonne's pond. This is my inspiration. It is the first garden pond that I saw at someone's house and it was all over when I saw it. This pond is where most of the plants came from that are in my pond as well as around it. :bowdown:

yvonnesgarden026.jpg

Reaction score
They cheated and had a contractor build their pond. Cost a pretty penny, but then they say they were/are too old to do it themselves. They are crazy! I think they are only in their mid 40's. That's not old! She says her pond is now about 5 years old. She has tons of shubunkin goldfish and they come and eat out of your hands!

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Couch potatoes like them won't live long. I think the operative word is lazy. I'm almost 62 and I dug my new pond in 1 day just a few weeks ago. It took a pick and long bar to get through the hard clay.

Reaction score
Well, I don't know if that is the reason because I know my friend gets up early to walk like 2 miles every morning and she plays golf and she does try to eat healthy so I don't know why they had someone do it for them unless it was overwhelming and had no place like this forum to help them out. They did do all of the landscaping in the yard themselves. It could also be the fact that we live in Georgia a.k.a. clay capital of the world and oh my gosh is that stuff hard. I think it is almost as hard as concrete. Ever heard of "Georgia Red Clay?" :icon_biggrin:

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
I lived in Georgia for 2 years. Not as hard as our soil. Most of the time we have to use jack hammers to dig.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
i am glad that in my yard i can dig as deep as i want to dig,,,my son yard 45 miles away 6 inches is all you want..

Ask a Question