Brands of Koi food

cr8tivguy

Tim Thompson
Reaction score
Hi
I'm curious to know what brands of Koi food are preferred by all of you. I'm about ready to restock and want to get something that is high in nutrition so I can reduce the feeding a bit.

Ideally, I would like to get a food that can be used all the time (no seasonal food) but I'm not opposed to having different food for different seasons.

I also supplement with fresh fruit, veggies and eventually meal worms.

Would love to hear your opinions.
Tim

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I use Blue Ridge growth food and also Microbe-Lift Variety. The Microbe-lift is a blend of summer food, fruits & greens, growth & energy and immunostimulant food.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I just use plain old tetra .I was looking at a lot of brands at pet store .com and was amazed at how many kinds there are .But mine do like the OSI treats in blueberry ,strawberry and orange

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Tim here are just a few I do and have used in the past , I'm unsure if you can get most of these your side of the pond can you let us know if you do or dont .

1) NTLabs
Wheatgerm and arlic.
Health.
Beauty.

2) Hikari
Silkworm Pellets.

3) Pond Care
Maxi Koi NutriPearl
Koi Nutri Pearl Mini

4) Kusuri
Silkworm Pellets.

5 Freeze dried SilkwormPupae.......

Hope this helps some Tim

rgrds

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I use Tetrra floating sticks. Fish love them and they are soft for them to eat. I also use Tetra color enhancing sticks. This really makes the colors pop on them. Then i use koi treats made from reall fruit to give them everynow and then and they really go nuts over them. Jsut depends on what you want to spend ( some foods are very expensive) as well as the results from what you see from your fish. Hope this helped.

Reaction score
I first tried the microbe lift pellets and my goldfish gave them a tepid response. I use the Tetra floating pond sticks and my fish love them.

HTH

Howard
Reaction score
I just wanted to add that although fish food may be dry it is a good idea to keep it refrigerated. At least do not let is bake in a building without AC.

Many people keep it in the 2nd fridge along with the soda's and beer.

Ask a Question