Brokensword's bit of pond heaven [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Pictures are critical to any pond owner - the changes from the beginning of the season to the end can blow your mind! If you don't document you miss so much!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Pictures are critical to any pond owner - the changes from the beginning of the season to the end can blow your mind! If you don't document you miss so much!
Agree. I photograph every aspect of my garden several times a year (& pond) It's really handy for comparing growth rates, flowering times etc. Also to see what looks good or needs removing. TBH, I forget important things like where I planted the onions last year, or which beans went where.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
sigh I start taking pictures then forget to take then monthly same area, same view....................

Reaction score
Country
United States
Wow! Your artistic ability coupled with superb craftsmanship have created a 'Disney-like' venue. Simply fantastic! The turtle pics are great. Is their island cork? Thank you for sharing. Now, I have to hide these pictures from Neptune before he goes on strike!

Reaction score
Country
United States
sigh I start taking pictures then forget to take then monthly same area, same view....................
I have some ponds I built many years ago that I would rather not have 'snap shot' pictures as evidence! Hopefully, after I moved, the new owners removed most of them!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have only built the one, and do i ever wish i could do it over.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Wow. Besides the pond, my favorite part was getting to see what @brokensword looks like. The image in my mind has been dashed.

Those turtles are funny. And the frog with the (is that duckweed?) on its nose. What a great shot!
Thanks, CW; that was 11 years ago so the white moved in and many muscles have gone missing, but still breathin'!

That's why I like having many forms of wildlife and plants; great photo ops! It helps that the turtles and frogs basically ignore us now when we sit out there and enjoy the sunshine. I like the one where the turtle is right next to the frog on the log; I KNOW the turtle would make a grab for it if it was swimming in the pond but out? Not so much!

Thanks for cruising down Brokensword aisle!

smilie sword twirl.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Just amazing shots and awesome works...I lost my mind and eyes in all these colours...WoW!!!
Thanks for sharing
Thanks, Dime; it's taken a few years to get it to look lush and natural, both fauna and flora. And I'm definitely a texture/contrast color guy...

Appreciate the time you took to stroll near my pond!

smilie sword twirl.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
yeah its ok i suppose ;)
My wife keeps saying that too but you know what? Just makes me look for MORE koi 'cause, you KNOW I gotta go from 'ok' to 'wow'. License to spend, I guess, hey?

Thanks fer 'puttin' up wit me puddle', mate!

smilie sword twirl.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Fantastic, so beautiful (and all-weather, too!) I'm :sick: with envy...
wellllll, not all weather--the top and sides are screened, so any cold and or rain makes its way in, ya know? I close it down for winter, though HAVE broached the idea of turning it into a proper greenhouse some day. Not sure it's be warm enough in the winter unless I auxiliary heat it, so...

Thanks for the compliment! Don't be sad, nor envious; take the ideas you like and make them part of YOUR dream, ya know? And, dreams come in many colors!

smilie sword twirl.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I'm lucky in that I've had photography as another hobby for a while now and new photo ops are ONE way my wife can get me out of the house...

I find that it changes so drastically from about late April to late May and most of my 'better' shots including flowers, happens then. Though, I've tried to plant things that'll keep the pond landscape in color the whole summer.

smilie sword twirl.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
if you use any sort of 'planner/calendar', just jot yourself a note on such and such a Saturday, to TAKE PICS of the pond! Or, you can let @Mmathis keep an eye on you in that category!!!

picsPlease.gif

smilie sword twirl.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I've done this with spring bulbs; I tell my wife 'oh, we got new tulips/daffs this spring'. She'll ask me where and I'll just shrug and say; they're in the garden...somewhere! I figure when they pop up and bloom, we'll BOTH know where they are NEXT year!

Agree. I photograph every aspect of my garden several times a year (& pond) It's really handy for comparing growth rates, flowering times etc. Also to see what looks good or needs removing. TBH, I forget important things like where I planted the onions last year, or which beans went where.

smilie sword twirl.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question