Reaction score
IMG_3161.jpg

IMG_3162.jpg

IMG_3163.jpg

IMG_3164.jpg

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Be careful when you trim it. It is better to leave it long than mess up and trim too much.
Looks good, It wll be nice to see it trimmed with plants.

Reaction score
stroppy said:
almost there !!!
and hope your feeling better soon
Thanks

koikeepr said:
isn't it a great feeling when the water starts to fill up!?
Yes, I knew I just had to stop procrastinating and get the liner in and start filling it. Was much easier than I expected, thou some HPDM tape is needed in certain areas, thou its $70 a roll at ABC and they don’t sell the general public anyways. I’m thinking of putting a rock in where I have a huge fold sticking up, I will have to take a pic to show.

DrDave said:
Be careful when you trim it. It is better to leave it long than mess up and trim too much.
Looks good, It will be nice to see it trimmed with plants.
yes, Im going to trim it long for now, but get it cleaned up. I can always trim more once I’m done everything and know I’ve got it right.
Thanks.
At this point in the year I didn’t know if it would be worth getting plants as I don’t know where to get them. I think I found a guy that has extra koi that I can get fairly cheep from his personal pond. He needs to get rid of a few before winter he said. I figure 7 would be a good # for this pond.

poodles said:
Yet another use for duct tape!:banana: Looking good!
The duck tape stuck to rocks and concrete better than the rubber mats I used to protect the liner from the rocks. I even tried gorilla tape and it barely stock to the mats, but flashing sealer glue worked good on them. Reading that it is fish safe according to koikeeper on here, Im thinking it might be useful to help fix some folds in the pond and I will be using it to attach the liner to the rocks and some block adhesive to attach rocks over top of the liner so the liner is not visible at the water line. Thats the plan.

Hooked up the pump to see what the waterfall looks like. Need some work that for sure:

IMG_3173.jpg

IMG_3174.jpg

IMG_3175.jpg

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
just as a future note... i watched a pond build on the DIY network and they used what looked to be waterfall foam to adhere liner to cinder block and rock
looking good there tho!

Reaction score
Once you get the structure done, it's amazing what a little "tweaking" will do. This pix is of my lower spillway. At first all the water ran to the one side.(top of pix) Then I placed the two dark rounded rocks there and now it flows all the way across.!

Attachments

• pondconstruct 013resize.jpg
    pondconstruct 013resize.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 269
Reaction score
I am trying to build my streem on the side and am having a hell of a time figuring out how to make it so the water flows down the rocks, not under them along the liner. If figuring it out, but it is way more of a PITA than I had imagined. Having to have the ground dug out how I need it before the liner goes on, having to build somewhat from the bottom up, and haing to have the liner cum up over the back of the rock where needed, and I guess use foam to seal it to the rock.

My bigest problem thou, is that I still dont have power outside so even when I get the waterfall working right I cant run it until I get an outlet outside. Ive got about 6 weeks left so I better finish this thing.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Make sure that where you overlap, there is a couple inches of drop so your liner does not leak. So it will be like a mini waterfall. I used a piece of PVC with 2 90's on the ends so I could provide a level overflow to the downstream and lower pond.
The liners both overlap on this PVC, the lower pond liner on the bottom and the upper one wants to overlap at least a foot or more. Add some small rocks to hold it down and it will be fine. I did not glue mine or use any foam.

Reaction score
My stream waterfall rock fell in the pond last night and possibly put a pin hole in the liner. I can feel some roughness where it hit, but im not sure its even leaking. And if it was its on top of solid rock that with the weight of a 2-3' of water surrounding it, its not going to allow much water thru. Either way I would like to put a patch around it. I guess I would need to lower the water to below this to put a patch on it. Im just not sure I want to do that so maybe I will wait until next year unless I start to notice a problem. I better figure out a way to secure that rock better. Back to the drawing board, but almost done the stream.

Ask a Question