building a second smaller pond for sound

Reaction score
i do, but also i dislike waste. as you can guess, i'm accumulating quite a collection of fittings, pumps, waterfall units, etc. fortunately everything I bought for this pond will get used except the fast falls and 10' of 1in flex hose.

but this is it on this pond. I painted the 5 ft.. pipe forest green and when the caulk dries I'll set it up and take some photos. May have to adjust the height a bit or perhaps put in a T so I can have two fountains. all that is easy, especiallly on the back.

We'll surround this pond with ferns, plants and add some lillys, a frog and a turtle or two. have to check on the food situation for the turtle; i think frogs do ok without being fed artificially, no?

next is the biggie. I'm going to deconstruct the existing waterfall and rebuild it to look much more natural. I have a back up filtration system/falls i'll hook up first and then i'll start. i plan to take my time on this one. i'll take lots of pictures and ask lots of questions too.

Reaction score
Latest iteration based on Scottsdale Az's article re noise masking. Said a 4-5 ft. high fountain needed to generate enough sound to begin masking. Rather than have the water shoot up "loose" I attached a 1 in" PVC pipe and painted it green. Notice I put a ball valve in-line so I can control output.

Waiting on caulk to dry on small hole in side of shell. Probably turn it on Saturday. More photos and results then.

Attachments

• 2nd found fountain 2.jpg
    2nd found fountain 2.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 297
  • 2nd pond fountain 1.jpg
    2nd pond fountain 1.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 295
Reaction score
I love how projects evolve into something you didn't anticipate. This is how the final second smaller pond ended up. Really makes a nice little water feature.

The first picture I tried a couple smaller fountains that came with the shells. Nice little sound, but kind of boring.

So, we moved the ceramic fountain over (my wife's idea--she has good ones). Then, we transplanted a fern over on the left and will add a couple more. The plan is to fill it with plants, but not fish. I don't have enough filtration, etc. for fish.

Attachments

• Little ponds & garden boxes 2009 f3.jpg
    Little ponds & garden boxes 2009 f3.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 276
  • New 2nd pond & selling extras 014.jpg
    New 2nd pond & selling extras 014.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 257
  • New 2nd pond & selling extras 015.jpg
    New 2nd pond & selling extras 015.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 249

Ask a Question