Camouflaging a filter

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3b
Country
Canada
i have attached a photo of my pond filter and would love to find a way to camouflage it. Any ideas?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    338.6 KB · Views: 288

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
OH, THERE!! Had to go back and look a second time! I would stick two tin cans to the sides, paint it yellow, and pass it off as a fire hydrant. ;) Not nearly as noticeable as my two-drum filter. :D
John

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
One of my filters is similar to yours. Mine sits on a small concrete pad, under an Endless Summer hydrangea :)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I wanted mine so it was in the liner so if it ever leaked no biggy .But my other one still needs done but have not had the time to put the new stock tank in there .I keep saying one of these days :)

Attachments

• 100_7169.JPG
    100_7169.JPG
    264.1 KB · Views: 239
  • 100_7112.JPG
    100_7112.JPG
    233.9 KB · Views: 205
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
@Tula would you mind posting a photo of your filter hidden under the hydrangea?
IMG_0105.jpg
IMG_0104.jpg
IMG_0105.jpg

@Tula would you mind posting a photo of your filter hidden under the hydrangea?

Here is one of my smaller filters, hidden under the hydrangea bush. As the bush fills out more, you won't even be able to see it. This filter fed my beautiful Japanese Shower lantern, that was smashed earlier this Spring, by a falling tree :(

My newer filter is a Savio, you can see in the back ground. Hideously ugly - LOL. I'm probably going to order some willow fencing to put around it and put a planter on top of it, with creeping jenny draping down. It's return line to the pond is a 2 inch PVC pipe. I don't like the loud splash, so am thinking about a diffuser of some kind. Obviously, I didn't do enough research on it, prior to purchase - LOL !

My husband said to me " Everything you do to improve the filtration, makes the pond uglier!"
IMG_0104.jpg
IMG_0105.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I have no idea why it posted pictures multiple times. I've tried to correct, to no avail.

morewater

President, Raccoon Haters International
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
i have attached a photo of my pond filter and would love to find a way to camouflage it. Any ideas?

Move the filter up behind the rocks.

From the photograph, it would also appear that your pond level is low as the planters are showing above water. Either that or the planters are too tall for the shelves that they're set upon.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3b
Country
Canada
Thank you for all the great ideas! Here is an arrow to the "hidden" filter! I guess I should have cropped the original. And yes the plants are above the water. Unfortunately the people that built the pond made the shelves too shallow and I have to clear rocks to get the plants deeper - on my list!

Attachments

• IMG_0394.JPG
    IMG_0394.JPG
    338.4 KB · Views: 210

Ask a Question