1000 gallon garden pond

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I had never seen phlox in real life until like a week ago, always thought it was a small bushy plant like a lily, nope. Groundcover!
Stunning plant!

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Beautiful pond! Do you have a plant in the waterfall filter? Or is it just behind it?

Previous years I use to plant water hyacinths or yellow flag iris in the falls box.

plants in falls box (1).jpg

This year I just put a couple of artificial flowers in the back. I was tired of trying to get all the roots out of the filters each fall. :) Hopefully it wont look so bad once the flowers behind the falls begin to grow.

plants in falls box (2).jpg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have quit putting plants certain places, a lot less chopping and moving when the roots start to cause issues.
I do get a lot of volunteers in the stream I have to yank them now and then. The stream ponds get full of parrots feather and anacharis.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Don't worry @cas - my chipmunk has been having a chippy rally in our yard this week. I'm sure they've all gathered here for a convention. I've learned to throw three seeds into the hole anytime I plant sunflowers or peas - two for him and one for me. And then I have a scavenger hunt trying to figure out where he planted them.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol A lot of the cats that hung around here, wild, pets who knows, have disappeared, fox, owls etc For the first time since we have lived here I am seeing chipmunks, they are so darn cute!
No cats stalking my yard critters and birds.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I leave my plants in the pots and pull hem every week or so to trim the roots ,so much easier .

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
pull hem every week or so to trim the roots
There is the problem.... I don't want to pull them every week. :)

And then I have a scavenger hunt trying to figure out where he planted them.
Ha. I have squirrels that love to plant trees in my yard and flower pots. They must think I need some help gardening. hmmmm... I wonder if it has been the chipmunks......

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Previous years I use to plant water hyacinths or yellow flag iris in the falls box.

View attachment 100319
This year I just put a couple of artificial flowers in the back. I was tired of trying to get all the roots out of the filters each fall. :) Hopefully it wont look so bad once the flowers behind the falls begin to grow.

View attachment 100320

Love all of these! I didn't realize that was an option! <3 <3 <3

Ask a Question