Cheep way of storing my koi indoors?

Reaction score
Hello my name is Frank da Tank, I usually bring my koi indoor for the winter into a indoor pond made out of woodbox and liner, but I would prefer something more sturdy as I dont want a leak(Finished basement). Any advise as winter is coming fast. Please check out my fish and pond on http://fishtanksetups.com/
Koi-pond1.jpg1.jpg

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
100 gal stock tank would hold up well
Koiguy uses one his might be 150 gal

Reaction score
DrCase said:
100 gal stock tank would hold up well
Koiguy uses one his might be 150 gal

Thanks i will look into it, I havent lost a koi and dont plan on it since i had them when they were a couple of inches.

digginponds

pondaholic
Reaction score
koiguy is lucky.............
Although I never bring mine in either,if I have to deal with winter,so can they.......lol

Reaction score
that is a wiered angle lol its like from the "above"........maybe he can fly lol but it looks like a nice pond i can see it pretty well

~marino~

Reaction score
Our employer was happy to give us a 300 gal chemical tote. These things are ubiquitous. Plastic tank inside a metal cage. Nice drain valve on bottom.

The chem suppliers usually want the totes back, but what really happens is the totes start to build up at the end-user's facility and they'll usually decide to get rid of them at some point.

We picked thru the totes and found one that had held a relatively innocuous chemical (polymer flocculant), then flushed it out for a few hours and took it home.

Might be worth checking around. Ask a few friends who work in industrial type occupations. Maybe the local water treatment facility would have floc totes.

Ask a Question