Choosing pump

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a 2000 gallon koi pond I installed 2 bottom drains and 1 skimmer for each of them I used 2 in tubing my pump is 2400 gallons it looks like it's not enough what should I do add another submersible pump for helix skimmer tank or change the pump for helix 5800 GPH
Please help thank you Jack

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello and welcome! I’m not really sure I understand what you are asking. It sounds like you have more than adequate coverage with your pump and skimmers, but I don’t have BD’s or a skimmer as reference. Maybe someone can give you some advice.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Welcome :) Wow 2 bottom drains and skimmers, you've got a great set up for koi. I think it's recommended to turn your water over every hour or more. Sounds like either option will increase your water turn over, another pump or a larger one.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I have a 2000 gallon koi pond I installed 2 bottom drains and 1 skimmer for each of them I used 2 in tubing my pump is 2400 gallons it looks like it's not enough what should I do add another submersible pump for helix skimmer tank or change the pump for helix 5800 GPH
Please help thank you Jack
Hi and welcome. I think having redundancy is a good thing and it’s better to have several pumps instead of one big one. This way if one ever goes out you will still have water flow until you correct the problem.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1589243764243.gif
@Jackp
I always make sure to have and extra pump or two.

Ask a Question