j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Nice looking pots and you got them for half price almost! So how much is that in American money?

Reaction score
Love them!!!

jw... I think he had posted before a bag of oranges were something like 12 pecos, which was about $1 US???

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
So around $70. then if I figured it out right? Pretty nice for 2 pieces of them.

Reaction score
IF I remembered correctly what he had previously posted LOL... I cant get a FACTORY made piece of crap here for that price ... two handmade pieces! HA... I can dream...

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
The stuff we get here is prolly made in China and will disintegrate after the first season outdoors. I bought this cute bench and bird bath from lowes one year and after the 2nd year the bench top sunk in and disintegrated, cracked and now has a board over it so you don't fall inside of it when you sit on it............and I'm not that much of a tubbo so I didn't break it (written in case Haro reads this post) :LOL:

Reaction score
A friend recently sold everything here and moved to Belize ... would love to have her send up some pottery items, but doubt they'd make it here in one piece.

Reaction score
12.5 pesos are $1.00 US. So I just roughly divide by 10 and subtract a few bucks and get close. The sinks here are awesome, a simple bowl with a drain in the middle. they stand up on a counter, not recessed into it. Some are just glass, but the one we bought today was glazed with a really nice design in it. I don't have a picture yet, but I will have soon, it is a nice, colorful, intricate design. So, off we went to Yon Ten. Yon Ten is a private beach just north of Paamul. there is a road but it has a chain to keep the tourists out. Yon Ten is a treasure trove for beachcombers....

YonTen012_zpsb770aa23.jpg

I want to mount this sink as a birdbath/fountain, but I want the drain (pvc pipe) concealed in a large piece of bamboo. I found this one sticking up, someone had found it and left it....

YonTen022_zpsc2abd3e6.jpg

There are so many cool and unusual pieces of driftwood, we want them all in our garden. But we have a glof cart, so little by little, they will dcorate our garden...

YonTen018_zps8b5f50e9.jpg

Some are natural, some are man made..

YonTen019_zpsce75b7ba.jpg

Sea turtles converge here yearly, swimming hundreds of miles back to their birthplace to lay their eggs in the same place they were born. It is an amazing thing when you think about it, what guides them here. What guides them here if not God? They crawl way up the beach to the foilage then dig a huge hole. I put a large coconut in the hole for perspective, you can see the empty dried eggshells...

YonTen028_zps2b455962.jpg

When they hatch, hundreds of babies frantically crawl for the safety of the ocean as the frigate birds gather to eat them. I know it's natures way, but Felipe will be there as the Paamul 500 starts throwing coral at these birds. These babies need a chance.

Reaction score
Back to the garden, there is a natural shady opening perfect for a sitting place close to where my pond will be...

YonTen001_zpsf615ae43.jpg

So now, the grunt work starts. Scrape the coral up with a rake and smooth the ground...

YonTen004_zpsac28ec53.jpg

then lay the mold down. These are 50 kilo bags of cement so the mixture of water to cement is new to me, I'm used to 80 pounds, that takes 1 gallon of water. You want a good consistency like a really good mudpie. My very first girlfriend made the best mudpies...

YonTen008_zpse6c2572f.jpg

One 100 pound bag makes 2 forms, this is a lot like work, to be continued.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
OK, I've missed out on where you are exactly, Bullfrog. It's amazing all the things that nature is going to provide for you, and oh how I would love some of those natural pots as well! I'll be visiting my sister in Phoenix in a month, maybe I can find things there, but I would have to mail them home, and what are the odds of them arriving in one piece? But, I will see what treasures I can find while there. My sister loves going to her Lowes or whatever it is, and hiring Mexicans that stand there waiting for work. She says they are the best workers! She is quite funny, thinking of her "choosing" the right ones. She would tell them what type of work she had to do, and one could always translate to the others, and then the hands would go up. She also paid them very well, knowing they were there to help out their families. Very cool!

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
j.w said:
The stuff we get here is prolly made in China and will disintegrate after the first season outdoors. I bought this cute bench and bird bath from lowes one year and after the 2nd year the bench top sunk in and disintegrated, cracked and now has a board over it so you don't fall inside of it when you sit on it............and I'm not that much of a tubbo so I didn't break it (written in case Haro reads this post) :LOL:
Oh, I read it allright, j.w., but I would never be so crass as to suggest a lady might be heavy enough to break a bench! If anything, your picture looks like you could afford to gain a few pounds. :regular_waving_emot
John

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
You are finding all kinds of neat treasures there Bullfrog. Can't imagine living in such a dream world!

Haro I kept looking for the snarky punchline word by word but alas it was something nice you said to me................ha ha,miracle's do happen :biggrinangelA:

Ask a Question