clearing up my water.

Reaction score
If you have room put some filter media in the falls area. I have 20 feet in the top of mine it really catches the algie it had to be cleaned every day to keep the algie out of the water but it has worked great so far.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
basket of quilt batting
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:56883]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:53602]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:53507]

Reaction score
Well its been 6 days now and the pond water is crystal clear. What I did was used a 5gal bucket, came down three inches from the top drilled a hole, used some pvc fittings with a rubber washer on both sides and ran a piece of pvc 30" out to the pond and put a 45* elbow and drops into the pond. I am feeding through the top of the lid in a hole from my 500gph pump which is going through my uv light, figure catch it when it's dead leaving uv light before it re-enters the pond.

Thanks for all the ideas you all had. Wasn't sure about putting anything in water like microbe-lift or Accuclear. But did go down to Joanns fabrics as you mentioned sewsheknits. thanks for heads up that was a cheap fix. I'll try and post some pics as soon as I figure out what to do. I'm sure one of my kids can help me figure that out.

thanks again.....

Reaction score
fone 063.jpg
fone 064.jpg
fone 066.jpg

Reaction score
:bye2: I plan on painting the pvc and bucket not sure if I was going to go with flat black, some sort of green, or camouflage :biggrin: . I will try and get some pics of the fish I have.

Reaction score
werthy1 said:
Well its been 6 days now and the pond water is crystal clear. What I did was used a 5gal bucket, came down three inches from the top drilled a hole, used some pvc fittings with a rubber washer on both sides and ran a piece of pvc 30" out to the pond and put a 45* elbow and drops into the pond. I am feeding through the top of the lid in a hole from my 500gph pump which is going through my uv light, figure catch it when it's dead leaving uv light before it re-enters the pond.

Thanks for all the ideas you all had. Wasn't sure about putting anything in water like microbe-lift or Accuclear. But did go down to Joanns fabrics as you mentioned sewsheknits. thanks for heads up that was a cheap fix. I'll try and post some pics as soon as I figure out what to do. I'm sure one of my kids can help me figure that out.

thanks again.....
Happy to help! I'm just learning all of this pond keeping information myself. Glad the batting helped!

Ask a Question