sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
no even humidity can suck more moisture into it .I was watching the weather channel and they did a story on how a pond can loose water to even high humidity .They showed large 1 acre ponds with the mist early in the morning and how it was pulling water from the pond into the air .They said it happens more when temps. are high during the day and cool down a lot at night and how the mist was from the pond water being pulled up and that it did not matter if it was high humidity or low humidity .But more would be pulled up with lower humidity They even measured the lose .It was an interesting story .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have seen it with my pond more this year because of the temperature swings we have had .I have had a mist coming up from my pond and we are in a high humidity area also .

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
no even humidity can suck more moisture into it .I was watching the weather channel and they did a story on how a pond can loose water to even high humidity .They showed large 1 acre ponds with the mist early in the morning and how it was pulling water from the pond into the air .They said it happens more when temps. are high during the day and cool down a lot at night and how the mist was from the pond water being pulled up and that it did not matter if it was high humidity or low humidity .But more would be pulled up with lower humidity They even measured the lose .It was an interesting story .

Which is exactly what I stated--
"Water loss due to evaporation will always be greater with low humidity."

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Stating "high humidity" or "low humidity" is no better than saying "all my water parameters were perfect".
Evaporation or heat loss, unless we're talking about actual numbers, the discussion will accomplish nothing.
;)

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Stating "high humidity" or "low humidity" is no better than saying "all my water parameters were perfect".

Not really. High humidity is any value greater than 60%, low humidity in considered any value less than 40%, Between 40% and 60% humidity is considered optimal. And there is a difference (and formula) between evaporation and convective heat loss.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Not really. High humidity is any value greater than 60%, low humidity in considered any value less than 40%, Between 40% and 60% humidity is considered optimal. And there is a difference (and formula) between evaporation and convective heat loss.
I'm going to start a separate thread for evaporation and/or heat loss.
I think it's an interesting topic that a lot of people have questions or make assumptions about.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
And if you live in an area with high humidity, you don't need numbers to tell you anything. All you have to do is walk outside.....and it will take your breath away!

Ask a Question