Creeping Jenny, should be called wicking Jenifer.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They are water suckers! I fill my pond every day during the summer. During those horrible hot dry weeks we had I had to add a lot of water to the pond a day. The plants in the bog filter and stream and ponds just sucked up the water.
It can make you think you have a leak, you don't but you think you do.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
Every time I see this post I wonder where I went wrong.

My creeping Jenny is small and was in a 6" deep 2" radius plastic pot. I had it in the filter's fall and it was doing great growing nicely. I moved it over to the end of the bog where the falls are going down to the pond. It did ok but I didnt see it grow much. Finally, I removed the plastic container and put some pea gravel over the roots.... and I started to see leaves dying. It's certainly getting PLENTY of water at the roots so I dont get what happened to it. I wonder if the filter water is more rich than the pond water.

I'm think next year I'm gonna look for a much bigger creeping Jenny and maybe even plant some outside the pond around the stones.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Strange, mine grows, sun, shade, tiny piece, big piece etc. It just grows and constantly. I have to pull it from the stream now and then so it does not block the water flow.

Ask a Question