CW's Back Yard Water Garden Begins!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I'm back on the pond asap.Had to take a detour so I can get a yard planted for the spring, otherwise, my daughter will be almost 4 by the time she has a place to play that isn't a mud hole. I can't ask her to wait any longer.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
She loves jumping in mud puddles and pretending to drive Barney, so it hasn't been all gloomy, but it would be nice if we could get a new outfit to last longer than a week or two.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Didn't see this when I tagged it at the yard. I'm going to have to have another fountain, huh?

IMG_3718.JPG

And got another log installed for edging. It was sitting on a gravel driveway @ my parents place for 3-4 years, so it's a bit soft, but we'll see how long it lasts in the pond. Not hard to come by, so when it crumbles, I'll just get another one.

IMG_3719.JPG

IMG_3720.JPG
IMG_3721.JPG

IMG_3722.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Someones starting to enjoy getting creative in hiding liner.

And what gives????????????????????????????????????

even your wheel barrel is purple

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Got the path in front of the deck graded and a trench dug for a small retaining wall to hold back the berm for the bog.

I have a bunch of leftover wall blocks from the pond build, but thinking I might have a go at building it with some urbanite as I have a pile of broken up concrete in a hillbilly pile in the front yard.

A82E44B4-2AE8-4508-B3E3-EE242B75177B.jpeg

YShahar

Enthusiastic duct-tape engineer
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Israel
Looking nice! But doesn't it get expensive emptying out and refilling a pond that size? Here, the price of water is through the roof, and we get hit with fines if we go over the monthly allotment (which means I'll have to fill my pond very, very slowly ;-) )

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Looking nice! But doesn't it get expensive emptying out and refilling a pond that size? Here, the price of water is through the roof, and we get hit with fines if we go over the monthly allotment (which means I'll have to fill my pond very, very slowly ;-) )

I think you live in the desert, yes? I live in a rain forest! Pond has filled twice over winter all on its own.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
you have no idea how lucky you are having that excavator with no rental. im so glad i don't i'd have ever square inch of my yard as a pond hby now. the job im working on has so much stone it;s insane

hate when i type a post and forget to hit post reply opps

Ask a Question