DId we all survive the long winter?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5B
Ok .... here goes ... All the water chem is great so far. Got the string algae knocked down and some good short algae is taking over. The water lilies have got some leafs on the surface, mares tail and mini cats are a good foot and a half tall. Water temps have been a good 70 to 80*F the last week or so, and we've got four American Toads (brown common toads) that have decided to make the little pond a brothel / breeding ground, and MAN! do they sing up a storm! .. I love it!. Temps are expected to drop down to single digits over night the next few days but get well back into the teens (*C) during the day. Boy oh boy!, I'm a happy camper! :)

PS... the fishies are starting to ask for pina coladas and sandals again.... Break out the sun screen.

Haro .... your mares tails are free of the pot and doing very well :) .. ty again :D

Reaction score
I lost 2 fish out of 30. Both were fantailed comets. My three koi survived so did the others. Just have one goldfish with a white lump on its back. Its feeding properly and doesn't appear to be flashing. I dosed the pond with medifin a few weeks ago and the lump is getting smaller each week. Have no idea what it is though.

waynefrcan

19 years ponding and hopefully 4 more!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
CapeW, did you find your fish?

Other then the ones mentioned all the rest now are hungry and healthy. Stocked up 6 more koi to fill the ranks!

Ask a Question