dieing fish & high PH - HELP!!!!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hi Barry, Good luck with the rebuild of the pond. It is definitely more than high PH that is hurting your fish. My pond is always at 8.5 PH with no problems with my goldfish. It might be a little high for koi, but I don't have any. Unfortunately pond building is an empirical science and we all learn from our mistakes....

Reaction score
it definitly was the ph, iv done a full test on the water and the ph is the only thing thats of, when i lifted all of the cement it was still powder, and we get a serious amount of rain,

a friend of mine works in a lab and I got him to do an exact ph test of my pond water, it cam back at 12.4.

the decking is nearly finished, i dug the pond out deeper so I could get more fish in, im also installing lights into the decking pointing down into the pond, the lights will be hidden so you cant see them, excited about this now.

just filled the water up, the ph is 7.0, there is no cement at all, i it rains tonight and the ph stays the same, all my issues are solved :)

Reaction score
WOOOOO!!! ALL MY PROBLEMS HAVE BEEN SOLVED WITH THE DECKING

i lifted all of the cement, lastnight the ph was 7, its stayed at 7 all day long until an hour ago when it really started coming down hard (rain), it used to be when this happened the ph went straight to the top of the scale, I just went out and checked the ph, if anything it has fallen to just below 7 because of the acidity of the rain water, looks like my issues are gone :)

below are some pics of the pond in development and the final product

img0709at.jpg

img0710s.jpg

img0713vl.jpg

img0714uo.jpg

img0718pb.jpg

img0721mq.jpg

img0719x.jpg

img0720hx.jpg

Reaction score
im creating a new thread for this as this one is all about what went wrong, I want to start of fresh with whats happening next :)

Ask a Question