sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
you have to look at different things as a ponder .Everything has potential .Just like the dollar store ducks .I will float in my pond with my duck decoy .When i go in dollar stores or any store My mind starts going crazy ,thinking how can I use this in my pond .I keep a camera with me at all times so I can take pics where I see it at in case i think of something

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
The section that was hiding my filter is now 15' away from where it is supposed to be but here are the other 3 sections I have behind the pond to hide the 3 white 55 gal. drum filters. These panels sell for $80.- $100. a set. Got all 4 at a yard sale for $8. and used Krylon paint.
008.JPG

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I think they use them to disguise air conditioning units outside.The only reason I did not want tanks like that is if they leak you can have real problems .I did not want to worry about that .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
plastic lattice at lowes or home depot and you can make your own panels cheap .I used wood on an accent piece to my guest house

Attachments

• fog and new waterfall 012.JPG
    fog and new waterfall 012.JPG
    216.8 KB · Views: 583
  • new splendors gate house pics 008.JPG
    new splendors gate house pics 008.JPG
    285.2 KB · Views: 344
  • june 5th2013 splendors gate 035.JPG
    june 5th2013 splendors gate 035.JPG
    220.9 KB · Views: 334

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Sissy- Is that the plastic lattice you have there? We replaced several pieces of wood lattice with the plastic stuff and the first time we had high winds it shattered. I use the broken pieces for grates in my stock tanks. Recycle, recycle, recycle!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
no mine is wood and if you buy lattice you need to buy the heavier duty lattice and it works better if you don't go over 4 ft by 4 ft .Even doubling it up helps .I have wire supports with eye hooks top and bottom behind my wood lattice every 2 ft and then lateral ones every 2 ft .You can only see them from the back if you look close .One day I will get the chance to finish it .I did take down the old lattice and put up new last year .Nothing wrong with the other but decided I needed to change it .I used the old lattice on the sides of the carport

Ask a Question