Does the electric in cables attract rats?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
I have heard of vermin chewing on outdoor cables. You could put the cord in a plastic pipe or even metal conduit.
It's always best to use conduit to protect the wires from weather and animals.
There is a direct burial (UF) cable that looks like romex and has a tougher outer jacket, but conduit is always the better choice.

Rodents are constantly chewing.... my gas grill is connected to my house propane gas line. I have a flexible hose from the valve mounted on the house to the grill. One year my grill wasn't working even though I turned on the valve. The hose had been chewed by some little culprit. The new one is now suspended in the air, kept off the ground. Good thing I always turn off that valve when finished grilling!

So I'm going to be smart a$$ and ask this: Does propane gas attract rodents?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I think they just chew on things that feel good to chew on. My dog has decided that chewing on rocks is better than the chew toys we buy for him.
if you do some homework on how they make dog food today how they burn the hell out of rotten meat and then press it dye it and add some flavoring to it how a full size dog use to live 15 years but today your lucky if they make 10 and the last 4 will be with all kinds of issues

Ask a Question