Earliest to move fantail goldfish to pond

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I currently have a 2000+ gallon pond up and running. I have some small comet that I have left over the winter with a bubbler. I have a few fantail goldfish and a black moor which I've had since last spring but took them inside during the winter after reading conflicting opinions regarding cold tolerance. I was wondering what temperature the pond should be prior to moving the fantail goldfish back into the pond?

Thanks!

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
I would wait until the temp in the pond is close to the temp of the water in the tank containing the goldfish.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
What area are you in? I left my fantails outside, we are 6b they did fine. I had a bunch in my 1000 gallon tank nice big ones, mr heron got them, but they were out there for a few years, even some real cold winters.
Darn net had a hole in it it visited while we were out of state had a snack on about 1/2 of the fish in the tank.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I just saw a video that @callingcolleen1 put on her thread today and she showed a big Black Moor goldfish in her pond and she's in Alberta, Canada where it gets very cold. So maybe they are hardier than we thought?

Ask a Question