Edging pond-- again

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Not sure I would walk on the flag stone unless you do the edge in more secure way. I have flowers planted in between the edge and the lawn so you can't walk right up it, then a spot with a patio that goes out over the water for people to get close to the water.

I would think if you want the flag stones for standing you my need to lay them like you would a paver patio. Not sure how you would do the edge in that case.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Just love that you love my ideas! just read the thread on all I missed, will explain how I used simple materials like big landscaping ties bolted together. "just me, myself, and I", to make a build up pond frame to better view the fish, and then covered the outside edges and glued the rocks and driftwood in place so it would not move to much. The glue works good for around the pond edges to keep rocks from moving. The ponds are all done with a flexable black heavyduty liner and then the outside wood edges were all hidden by rocks and driftwood that I glued down. The glue does not work as well under the water, but if you use it when the rocks and liner is dry, and shoot the foam into the cracks of the rocks, and then raise the water level once dry. It works pretty good that way...

Everything I did all by myself, no help from nobody. The rocks were all gathered one by one, all by hand, while walking the dogs everyday at the park. I would gather a hundred pounds of rocks or so and load into the pickup from down by the river and take them home and slowly do the cobbing a little at a time every day. The cobbling took me about a month to do that section.

Must run to work or I will be late, will chat later! :fish: :fish2: :goldfish:

Ask a Question