Evaporation

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
2,6 ppm means that the 10 percent standard wont work. Drop to 8 percent withou dechlorinator and buy sodium thiosulfate instead of a liquid dechlorinator. It’s the chemical that reacts with chlorine and is 600 times cheaper.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
2,6 ppm means that the 10 percent standard wont work. Drop to 8 percent withou dechlorinator and buy sodium thiosulfate instead of a liquid dechlorinator. It’s the chemical that reacts with chlorine and is 600 times cheaper.
Thanks. I’ve been using Smartpond Chlorine remover from Lowe’s. It was fairly cheap at about $8 for a bottle.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Sodium thiosulfate can be bought at the chemistry store on line at about $4 a pound. Two pounds will probably last for five years!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Sodium thiosulfate can be bought at the chemistry store on line at about $4 a pound. Two pounds will probably last for five years!

This reminds me of sodium percarbonate - sold by the pond industry for big bucks as various algaecide products. I buy it for sometimes as little $1 a pound from a soap making supplier.

Ask a Question