Expanding

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well it’s happened. My koi have spawned for the first time and my adults let alone my babies are getting way too big for what I have. Buttt. I can’t get rid of them. So I’m expanding this year. Probably late march early April. Now, I have ideas that are probably unrealistic. But.. I do really love my koi. I need you guys help cause I don’t always want to go by the internet.
I live in a cold climate . Nys. I read you can also go too deep. I was thinking like 4ft-5ft
What is a good liner to get like what grade. cause I don’t want to go cheap. And where do it get it?
What is something you needed that you didn’t realized. I know stone liner, rocks, sand. I’m super excited

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Good for you building your pond bigger. I think 4 to 5 ft would be fine for depth. I only have goldfish, no koi. Most use 45 mil epdm liner for strength but there are other choices. I got mine from a roofing company when I built my first pond. Was cheaper way back then and same as what the pond stores sell. Next bigger pond I built I got it from an irrigation company nearby. Same stuff as before and cheaper than pond stores. Most order liners online here I believe and find some good deals also. I'll leave that for others to tell you about. They can also let you know how big your pond will need to be depending on how many fish you are keeping now. All here will be glad to help you as you go along w/your new addition. Pictures would be great also!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I put together a large what to think of as you build your pond with where to find helpful videos from the pros as well issues you may run into . i'm sure some of the build is not what you need but if you skim through it you'll find everything you need

Ask a Question