Fed Donald and Hillary the first time

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
IMG_5860.JPG

Well I am an impatient sort water temperature is 61 degrees.....after having a little bit of experience with the temperature swings in my new pond.....and the forecast for the next 7 days no freezing temperatures And 60 degrees days.....I gave Donald and Hillary a hand full of Hikari sinking wheat germ food....darn fish are so shy they wouldn't touch it until I went into the house.....watching from the window. They went after it.....hope I didn't screw up but couldn't help myself

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
View attachment 97252

Well I am an impatient sort water temperature is 61 degrees.....after having a little bit of experience with the temperature swings in my new pond.....and the forecast for the next 7 days no freezing temperatures And 60 degrees days.....I gave Donald and Hillary a hand full of Hikari sinking wheat germ food....darn fish are so shy they wouldn't touch it until I went into the house.....watching from the window. They went after it.....hope I didn't screw up but couldn't help myself

Possibly change their names and they'll start eating! lol ...

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I won't feed mine for another few months, they have lots of food in the pond to live on.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have to ask - is Donald the orange one?
Yep Donald is the Orange one and Hillary is the pale white one with the blonde head..... Sarah and I got them one inaguration day..... even though I am not a huge fan of President Trump or Hillary, I like the fish... seemed like a fitting name.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
I won't feed mine for another few months, they have lots of food in the pond to live on.

So, you won't feed them until near May? Yikes, I start slowly in March depending on temps. By April, the pond usually in full force with bio running one month. Your warmer than my zone. Why so long?

Ask a Question