Female Koi floating

kougs

kougs
Reaction score
I thought they may have been sick but they weren't and I must have put too much salt in the QT tub. Lesson learned. Thanks for your thoughts addy1. They all got a good burial in a special place with a marker.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
How much salt did you put in kougs................just to let us know for future reference in case anyone wants to know for their sick fishes? And how long did you leave them in the salt bath?

kougs

kougs
Reaction score
This was the second dose of the same quantity. I had emptied all water except for just below their top fins. Gills were still submerged. The QT is a standard bathtub and I filled with the pond water and put in 1/2 of a gallon bucket of the blue bag salt. Next day they were no longer.

I basically scared to try and help any of the remainder for fear of the same results. They just better not get sick. :redface: :sad: :cry: :wacko:

Hope this helps.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
2 - 2&1/2 cups of salt per 100 gals of water is safe. add i cup to a bucket of water let it dissolve, and slowly add to tank... repeat. i keep my fish in 2 cups per 100 all winter, 1&1/4 cup per 100 gals in the summer... going stronger is for dips and bathes. sounds like you went way overboard!

Ask a Question