Filter Bag

Reaction score
I found an amazing filter bag at Walmart today:

http://www.soap.com/p/tide-high-per...250292&utm_content=pla&adtype=pla&cagpspn=pla

It's super fine, not even the fine powder in my carbon got out, so it's not going to let any pieces through. I put all of my carbon in it, rolled it up into a nice log, then shoved it into my waterfall pit. I love it, and it seems to be made out of some artificial fabric so it should last for years. $3 each, they're quite huge, probably no one will need this much space, but it's easy to roll up to the exact size you need. I'm very happy with these things.

Reaction score
I'd assume the plastic isn't UV protected, no reason for it to be. Could break down in a few months unless you can protect it. They cause a real mess when they break down, tiny little bits everywhere. Learned that the hard way with pantyhose.

Reaction score
The bag was put in after the 2nd fish, but before the third. And I didn't lose one tonight, so if anything, the bag has magically solved my problems. Just use this bag and fish are unable to die, even if they want to. Besides, I packed the back with AC, any toxins would just go straight into the AC right? That might be wishful thinking, but the bag doesn't worry me at all.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Magic bag! fantastic.....................

Ask a Question