fin rot

Reaction score
i discovered a fish dead today, and his tail was completly gone, is this a sign of fin rot? how do i treat the other fish for it? I have a 800 gal pond if that helps in treating the other fish.

Reaction score
i dont think its a heron but there could be an possum that got him, unfortuanly no pic of him, he was found at 1 am and them the dog got him before i could get a pic. curently i have a trap out for animals and ill see if i catch anything.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
I use very inexpensive IR detector alarms from Harbor freight. When you are home or asleep, this system alerts you to the intruder.
HF calls it a a driveway alarm.

Reaction score
DrDave said:
I use very inexpensive IR detector alarms from Harbor freight. When you are home or asleep, this system alerts you to the intruder.
HF calls it a a driveway alarm.

Hmmm....not a terrible idea. So, I'm assuming it's just wireless and works on a battery? And the thing can "see" in the dark, doc?

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
IR sees everything, even in total darkness. How do you suppose we hunt Taliban with our Predator unmanned missle birds?

Reaction score
DrDave said:
IR sees everything, even in total darkness. How do you suppose we hunt Taliban with our Predator unmanned missle birds?

LOL! LOL! I guess I didn't think the Harbor Freight infared was as sophisticated! Perhaps the US goevnernment needs to start saving money by shopping on hFreight!!

LOL!

I need to look into one of these!

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
The Predator has much more advanced IR, but the principle is the same. I have IR TV CCTV cameras on my property as part of my surveilance systems.

Ask a Question