Finally putting in my pond

MrB

MrB
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Fan tails... love 'em. Always wanted to see a really big one. I wonder how they'd winter here? Doesn't get much below 10-15 degrees usually. Got to have bubbles to keep it from freezing over but was going to do that anyway. Definately something to think about. Wait! Is this another one of those sneaky things!?! :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Fan tails... love 'em. Always wanted to see a really big one. I wonder how they'd winter here? Doesn't get much below 10-15 degrees usually. Got to have bubbles to keep it from freezing over but was going to do that anyway. Definately something to think about. Wait! Is this another one of those sneaky things!?! :)
No, it’s overt! A response to “the look” from the grand kids.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Fan tails... love 'em. Always wanted to see a really big one. I wonder how they'd winter here?
They do fine here. Where are you? ie temp wise. My ponds do freeze over we hit zero temps this winter. Loss some plants didn't lose fish

MrB

MrB
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They do fine here. Where are you? ie temp wise. My ponds do freeze over we hit zero temps this winter. Loss some plants didn't lose fish
I live in the middle of Washington the state. It very seldom gets down to zero here so I'm sure it will be okay. Sorry to hear about your plants.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
So the look you are getting would be happy with some fantails! and they would do fine there.

Ask a Question