j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I read they are related to Guinea Pigs and have hoof like claws and their teeth never stop growing! Says they can live up to 17 yrs in captivity,don't know about in the wild tho as they are prolly prey to lots of other critters. Yikes, look out Mr or Mrs Agoutis as you are supposed to make a tasty meal for us humans too!

Reaction score
They don't have a tail, so their butt looks like a rabbit, but they don't hop, they run and are quite shy.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Didn't you used to eat rabbits when you lived in Texas Bullfrog? Do you have rabbits where you are now? Maybe you will have to replace your rabbit dish w/ this critter :razz:
Wait maybe that was squirrel you used to cook?

Reaction score
j.w said:
Didn't you used to eat rabbits when you lived in Texas Bullfrog? Do you have rabbits where you are now? Maybe you will have to replace your rabbit dish w/ this critter :razz:
Wait maybe that was squirrel you used to cook?
Both JW, there was a time if I didn't shoot a rabbit at night, I didn't eat lunch the next day. So an Agouti would be common table fare for me.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
And I bet it tastes like chicken!!! :LOL: At 17, working with an Amerindian fire crew, the conversation often turned to strange local meats. Raccoon, porcupine, mink, bear, you name it... according to the natives it all tasted like chicken!!!
John

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
not if you don't eat meat and never heard a veggie complain yet about me eating it .But then again i was not listening :razz:

Ask a Question