j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
My 23 yr old grand-daughter is a vegetarian but she does eat seafood. She just doesn't like meat,never has and I suppose never will. I couldn't envision life w/o eating meat. I do notice it is harder to digest as one gets more mature. Trying to stick w/ chicken and fish more than the red meats, although I do love a blood dripping extra rare steak now and then. Just throw it across the grill for a minute and it's good to go!

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Geeze, j.w., the description of that steak is enough to turn ME vegetarian! Get the salad out, Sissy, I'm on my way!!!! :yikesu:
John

Reaction score
Oh gawd no ... JW's description was perfect ... just cut it off the steer and walk it through a warm room is all it needs!!!

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Sorry, but I've seen enough blood to last a lifetime. The LAST place I want to see more is on my FOOD!!!! :yikesu: :yikesu:
John the new vegetarian

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
geeze just go out in the pasture and bite the cow ,make sure first it in not a bull .Salads all around then .You would always be welcome to a salad at my house Haro just bring a rock in trade :razz:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
geeze they must be part vampires . :LOL: yep jw worse thing for you as it rots in your stomach and can eat the lining of your stomach .I saw pics of it on healthy insights online .It says it is worse in women and also depletes your body of calcium and weakens your bones and effects eye sight and hearing if you do not have the enzymes in your body to digest it .Can cause all kinds of stomach ulcers and kidney stones .It said also some of that is caused by how cows are raised and what they are fed .

Reaction score
Sissy... all I can say to how bad meat is, is the importance of a well rounded diet. I'd be emoitionally in heaven for a daily steak, with a baked potato slathered in sour cream, but know it isnt the right thing to do for my body ... Nothing against being a vegetarian, but all those GMOs are an issue too ... Humans evolved as gatherers and hunters, and we didnt become extinct;-) I say they are BOTH important to a healthy diet.

Tonight's dinner is STEAK with mashed potatoes and a veggie (probably asparagus) ... Tomorrow is a ham (no idea with what yet LOL) and Monday is penn pasta tossed with garlic, spinach, diced toms and feta with French rolls and a salad ...

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yum CW! No steak for me tonight tho. Going to eat a can of chicken broth. Need to lose some weight cuz tomorrow we will prolly eat too much. Went on a nice long bicycle ride today to get some good exorcise w/hubby but that's not enough. I need to get serious here!

Reaction score
Throw a SMALL handful of penn pasta or rice into the broth ... then you can at least feel like you are having a bowl of soup;-)

Ribeye's going on soon ... I'll think of you and their "rare" doneness ...

Im taking the easy way out tomorrow .. just going to be 4 of us ... got a small sliced ham ...not a huge spiral cut like usual ... gonna layer it in a baking dish, add pineapple chunks and a bit of brown sugar .. then some simple rice pilaf to go with it ... maybe some broc too:)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Actually I have some leftover Quineoa I can add to it. Thanks for reminding me CW :razz:
I'll imagine each bite as a nice chunky piece of flavorful undercooked steak! Might even have some non-fat greek yogurt flavored w/ orange sugar free jello powder for dessert. I know SF is bad but I've lived a long disease free life so I can afford to live it up now and then. I try to practice good eating habits most of the time :biggrinangelA:

Reaction score
I think I would even give up steak to avoid that SF or DIE-t stuff LOL ... Instead of imagining some steak in it, how about some agouties??? They look pretty lean;-)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Oh no I couldn't eat Bullfrogs Agoutis. I can't eat stuff that I've seen alive..........well except I can eat fish I catch and crab. Still kind of bothers me to do it tho. I can eat meat from the store in pkgs but I can't eat a cow out in the field that I have met. The eyes just get to you. Meat in the store never looked at me before..............that I know of anyways :razz:

Ask a Question