Finishing the top of the liner

Reaction score
Country
United States
Whats some different ways that you guys have either hid the liner or finished the top of the pond off? Ive seen the liner under the rocks but some aspects of my current build kind of prohibits that, in a way that would look good. I wanted to go for a more natural pond look, instead of backyard decorative look.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Exactly what are your pond's aspects that prohibit you from tucking excess liner under natural stones? Maybe with more of an explanation or photos, we might come up with some ideas.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Exactly what are your pond's aspects that prohibit you from tucking excess liner under natural stones? Maybe with more of an explanation or photos, we might come up with some ideas.

I have a retaining wall built of large rocks, that the liner goes up against. Placing other rocks on top of the larger boulders would look a bit out of place IMO

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I would use either a polyurethane calling or waterfall foam and secure the liner to the retaining wall. Are you referring to a concrete sectional retaining wall . if so I'd remove the layers and fold the rubber in under the seam. or if its not and its stone use the spray foam and place rocks to hold the rubber against the wall while the foam expands and dries. if you make it so there a pocket you could put a plant in or just add moss over it. Gravel , or even drift wood. what if you were to install a retaining wall at the base of your retaining wall kinda like a base board on a wall.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
With the liner clean and dry use the caulkinh or spray foam to hold liner to the rocks use other rocks etc to hold it in place until it dries. the hide with a few rock here and there a couple plants some drift wood pile a bunch of gravel ?

Ask a Question