addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have Jenny creeping here and there, the green and the yellow variety. It does have a nice little yellow flower

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Put some hanging on the side of the hot tub pond, just yanked it out of the stream. Need to pull some of the yellow.
Capture.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have Jenny creeping here and there, the green and the yellow variety. It does have a nice little yellow flower
Very good to know. I was just telling my wife that I need more color variety in ours because even though it's my favorite color unintentionally slk the flowers are purple.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thank you and such kind words. Mine does not hold a candle to @GBBUDD but I hope the falls once done put me the same neighborhood lol like a starter home on a nice block lol. But I do hope to bring some joy and hope to those that want a big build on a budget.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thank you and such kind words. Mine does not hold a candle to @GBBUDD but I hope the falls once done put me the same neighborhood lol like a starter home on a nice block lol. But I do hope to bring some joy and hope to those that want a big build on a budget.
That's where we differ when It comes to creating my next project especially when it comes to my fish world I spare no expense. You have not rented all the equipment I have but you stayed within manageable size boulders I installed boulders I can barely budge with wrecking bars. you got down and dirty and pushed 300 pound boulders up that hill it's not that your build doesn't hold a candle to mine there just very different. your falls is going to smoke me. I'm going to be lucky to get a total of three feet of drop from the bog to the pond. Three feet for yours is like crew socks it hasn't even climbed the hill yet. I can't wait to see that falls and all your DYI projects. And that view omg that view you have very jealous.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
that's a question I probably should have asked before the build if anyone could have pointed us to those builds. I found a couple such as addy's and a couple others . Maybe it's worth it for Becky to start a archive of such builds for easy discovery. Or does this already exist ?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Finally got around to figuring out how I can share videos. I should have guessed YouTube would be the easiest way. I have the skimmer and the big fully operations for the first time. The circulation is dialed back to about 1000 gph to get the desired effect from the mini falls. Please excuse the mess as I am yet to clean my work in progress lol and I will make a few small adjustments to the skimmer like channeling the water flow better and maybe later adding an auto fill somehow. But for now here's a few vids to see the progress. No waterfall yet :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
@Telion your pond and the setting are absolutely stunning. I would want to spend ALL my time out there watching the fish, enjoying the plants and wildlife that they will bring, taking in that amazing view. It's already EPIC and I can't even imagine how amazing it will be when you finish your BIG stream and falls. Absolutely brilliant!

Ask a Question