First attempt at a large pond

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I imagine you have seemed the rubber at this point in the project some where. i'd seam the cut around the tree make it close but not real tight the tree needs room to grow. then make a second strip and ring the tree with the second layer like a skirt. use a metal band like a hose clamp that will make it relatively water tight and you can loosen it for growth over the years. very jealous of the location and that hill it's coming along quite nicely

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Behold the power of the 12,500 gph Anjon Monsoon with about 20ft of head. I am getting close now. It's now close enough to run it for a few minutes without worrying about emptying the pond (a slight exaggeration).

I made a few more changes after this video by increasing the wall height a tad on the left side. I will test it again tomorrow. Once it is set the way I want I will likely go back through it with cement and/or liquid nails. Having said that it will likely only run to impress lol its LOUD. so I will tie the bottom drain to the bog I think...thoughts? I could just turn it down and leave it tied to the bottom drain then turn it up to show it's full force on occasion.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I imagine you have seemed the rubber at this point in the project some where. i'd seam the cut around the tree make it close but not real tight the tree needs room to grow. then make a second strip and ring the tree with the second layer like a skirt. use a metal band like a hose clamp that will make it relatively water tight and you can loosen it for growth over the years. very jealous of the location and that hill it's coming along quite nicely
great advice I think I will be doing something very similar. And thank you, u agree the hillside is quite ideal. I think you will really like the video of me finally putting it to use.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
so I will tie the bottom drain to the bog I think...thoughts?

Do you mean run the bottom drain to the bog? I wouldn't suggest it, if I'm understanding you correctly. You want the water that enters the bog to be as "clean" (free of debris) as possible to avoid clogging up your bog.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
Country
United States
First time viewing this thread from beginning to end...awesome! Everything is coming together so great. Very picture perfect setting.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Do you mean run the bottom drain to the bog? I wouldn't suggest it, if I'm understanding you correctly. You want the water that enters the bog to be as "clean" (free of debris) as possible to avoid clogging up your bog.
Mmm good point I would need to filter it somehow. But I think I am getting it sorted out so that I won't need to, but very good catch thank you.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It's actually an easy fix create an over flow barrel per say main drain hose goes into the barrel the barrel is even with the water level so when the pump pulls water out of the barrel the water will even off in the barrel from the main drain hose. a simple filter pad or even the spiral plastic strips that are all twisted and will hold the large debris. I don't have such a piece I let one the pumps filter basket catch the large pieces and with the centipede bog the bottom chamber is large enough it will take years and years before the pressure ever becomes an issue. Then I just back flush it from the vertical snorkel.​

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I draw my water that feeds the bog from around a foot off the bottom of the pond.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
First time viewing this thread from beginning to end...awesome! Everything is coming together so great. Very picture perfect setting.
Thank you very much. It's a learning process, but the rest seems like it will be well with the effort.

Ask a Question