First attempt at a large pond

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thank you, still more work to go but it will get there.

Lol that was the last time i saw the one. I just now say the others for the first time in almost 3 days..
The one I see the most (every other day) is the platinum ogon.
Don't give up on them we put several fish into the pond over a month ago and one fish the wife loved but we never saw him again that is until just the other day seems he has been living behind the boulders.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Both of you did a great rock job!

My little fan tails hid unseen in a rockless, small hot tub pond for over two weeks. Your pond is big enough to hide them all for quite awhile.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The bog is growing in nicely. I can't believe how well the grocery store bought taro is doing.
20180712_170123.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have brought Taro inside in pots to winter it over and works good. @Telion
Your plants are growing very nicely and you have quite the assortment!
Thank you, I want to do a thread on the variety and have others add their plants not thought to work in a bog too as there really are some interesting ones like the varigated society garlic, the spiderwort and the rasberry something lol.
Good to know odd question but is this also if my wife eats the leaf at the end of the year lol.
That looks great!
Thank you.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I really like the small dock. Did you make it? I am trying to build one but I'm struggling with making it sturdy.
Thank you I did it was pretty basic I would check pinterest. They likely have better ideas than mine.
You can eat the leaf? I didn't know that! @Telion I thought you could only eat the root.
Wish I had a bog.
You can eat both...I just asked :)
looks great there T

Thanks it is getting there. Got a bit of a brown algae bloom going on but water is still in spec.
20180712_203752.jpg

Ask a Question