First attempt at a large pond

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Currently it doesn't filter that much just a foam padding and a mesh net. The bog does the bulk of the filtering with help from the skimmer and plants around the pond.

My filter :)
20180801_165211.jpg

Last edited:

herzausstahl

herzausstahl
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Currently it doesn't filter that much just a foam padding and a mesh net. The bog does the bulk of the filtering with help from the skimmer and plants around the pond.

My filter :)
View attachment 114275
My favorite kind! My stream & bogs are my filter! I tried to move the overcrowded plants from my first small bog to the bigger one after I built it but couldn't because they were too rooted in.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I don't wanna know the electric bill if you let that beast run 24/7 lol efficiency is one of the biggest reasons I switched to all Laguna pumps. Not disappointed by performance either!
Lol true, its also mag driven so for the amount of water its pushing it's actually very efficient, thank you to this forum as i was previously unaware of the difference the type of pump one has and how it impacted the electrical bill.

And love your pond btw! You went bigger right away and maximized the use of your garden space the best. Something I wish I had done at times.
Thank you and true, I made it as big as I could afford although I do see a stream of some sort in this ponds future somehow.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My life right now with the whole house since we are only in our 2nd year in it, great advise!

Here is a video I didn't realize that I never added to YouTube
Hahaha i just noticed a huge typo this was last month not last year.

JBailey

Jack of all trades; master of some
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Very amazing to read through this adventure from the beginning! I have a million projects and no money, so I'm doing a much planning as possible before digging into a decent sized pond.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Very amazing to read through this adventure from the beginning! I have a million projects and no money, so I'm doing a much planning as possible before digging into a decent sized pond.
I am glad you liked it. This was certainly a budget build. The most expensive part was the liner. planning and learning is great way to save money and see which areas you can DIY vs. Where to go all in.

Did some more testing of the waterfall and i think i am ready to rock it in. I won't tie it in to the bottom drain till i need to do a 50% water change.so for now the pump will sit on the bottom drain. Water quality is still spot on.

20180803_193128.jpg

20180803_192848.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
efficiency is one of the biggest reasons I switched to all Laguna pumps ? I am running a 12,000 gph 24/7 in ct crazy electric rates taxes -------- you name it this place sucks. but the performance pro with a baldor water pump and the cost is under $200. a month with 9 led pool lights burning all night

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to anything but wonderful ct, bleeding hearts have made the north east impossible to live for anyone who works for a living. We give the homeless cellphones and if your last name is on a list you get fuel assistance, food, housing, regardless of how much money you make.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
don't plan on going anywhere it's my vacations and everyday r and r all rolled into one. with air and house hold electric the bill last month was $480

Ask a Question