First attempt at a large pond

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
True your pond is priceless i know the Anjon 12,000 has adjustable gph, not sure of the Laguna's do. Mine does not kind of wish it did, throttling it back with a ball valve doesn't save me money lol.

Quick night video showing the waterfall partially rocked and a couple pics.

20180804_215127.jpg
20180804_215053.jpg

herzausstahl

herzausstahl
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
efficiency is one of the biggest reasons I switched to all Laguna pumps ? I am running a 12,000 gph 24/7 in ct crazy electric rates taxes -------- you name it this place sucks. but the performance pro with a baldor water pump and the cost is under $200. a month with 9 led pool lights burning all night
My 4250 gph Laguna is rated at 165 watts

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@herzausstahl I have that same Laguna pump for my 2400 gal pond and my power bill is usually under $100 a month. That's for lights, pond pump, air pump, oven, stove, well pump, fans, personal small heaters etc. No A.C needed here. Woodstove for heating and propane for heating water and bbq grill. Also includes all the power hubby uses out in his shop for welding, heater etc. We have a propane furnace but never use it. Weather here is pretty mild most of the time.
I thought mine was high too at $100!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
gosh my electric bill I thought was bad but now not, lucky I hit 200 dollars a month and this house is all electric ,nothing else here but getting a propane tank.I have a new lennox dual stage 2 compressor heat pump that was put in back in 2014 and that is electric .The pond has 2 laguna pumps and a laguna aerator.plus I have lots of exterior led lighting and security cameras

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
For our utilities, it is between 400 - 600/month, I have no control over about 300- 400 of it. Carbon tax, number of utility poles on our property and "administrative fees" make up the bulk of it.
Oh how I wish we could go off grid. It would be an 8 year payoff.
hmmm... maybe.
I have sympathy for you folks down south. You have some pretty high utility costs.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
High costs of everything the idiot in office right now who is on his way out just made the list for the most despised politician on record ANYWHERE. HE BEAT OUT CRIS Cristy and Richard Nixxon. They even put through a view or location tax several years ago if they liked where you lived they taged on another tax. Fix up your home and your taxes go up. let it fall apart and they will pay you to fix it up. A guy who worked for me went to buy a home that had lead based paint " a old home " I told him with little ones he didn't want to do it as the paint was pealing everywhere inside and out. we his lawyer said he didn't have to worry about and he bought the house. long story short his kids got lead poisoning they dss stepped in and took ALL 4 kids not just the two who got sick. after a year off courts " public defender" they desided to vinyl side aluminum all the corners facias and trim on a large two family home new replacement windows new roof , the yard was abated for lead as was the inside of the home heppa vacuumed. and they interior was painted. ALL for FREE. two years latter he turned around and sold the home for 5 times what he paid for it AND ONCE AGAIN IT WAS BECAUSE OF WHAT HIS LAST NAME WAS. "FACT"

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I think he's talking about his governor @MitchM - but I agree. No politics. It is hard to keep it out of daily conversations when it affects your pocketbook.

Our village started taxing our cellphone bills, electric bills, and gas bills. When we questioned why in the world they should be taxing us on services they have NOTHING to do with providing the answer was "well, everyone else does". Infuriating. Off grid sounds mighty good!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It would take 3 Laguna pumps to push the amount of water that my Monsoon pushes. but when you take 900 watts and divide it by 3 you still get 300 which is almost double what the Monsoon is so I certainly am willing to consider going with 3 Laguna pumps later on but for now the monsoon will work especially considering I paid a $140 for it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Had a chance to test the waterfall and look for areas where i need to redirect the water. I didn't anticipate or think about the effect of large rocks and i really should have used a bigger liner. Had to use what I had. None the less still very pleased with the results thus far. The top section of the video still has not been naturalized with the small rock like the bottom but we have a rock solid working plan.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Had a chance to test the waterfall and look for areas where i need to redirect the water. I didn't anticipate or think about the effect of large rocks and i really should have used a bigger liner. Had to use what I had. None the less still very pleased with the results thus far. The top section of the video still has not been naturalized with the small rock like the bottom but we have a rock solid working plan.
Coming along nicely

Ask a Question