First attempt at a large pond

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
what are we going to do when we finish these tasks and the ponds get complete. I GUESS START THINKING ABOUT WINTER AND THE NEXT BATTLES. it's really looking good Telion I like that you backed up the rocks with more rocks and theres no string of pearls repeated word it looks like nature piled them up with the wash of the stream

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
You have quite the view, will be even more beautiful when the plant's in the landscape fill in. Glad to see your koi looking so calm, and settled, especially after the big move, and the one koi been ill.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Just Beautiful! Looks like it has been there forever.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Pond looks like it was made for that spot and looks like it's been there forever now!

Thank you, and indeed it was. When walked over to that side of the house we agreed that this is where the pond will go.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
what are we going to do when we finish these tasks and the ponds get complete. I GUESS START THINKING ABOUT WINTER AND THE NEXT BATTLES. it's really looking good Telion I like that you backed up the rocks with more rocks and theres no string of pearls repeated word it looks like nature piled them up with the wash of the stream
Thank you, you have inspired me with your masterpiece. Trust me i am sure we will find ways to stay busy i have a few other projects ready to go, daunting to think about them still. I need to renovate the exterior of the house. And way before that we bought a huge 3 piece window and a set of french doors to go off the wall that views the pond and i need to finish the basement. Ah the joys of buying a fixer upper without Chip and Joann's budget.

Working on the door more this weekend.
20180818_215109.jpg

But it is reaching a point of relaxation
20180819_204730.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
You have quite the view, will be even more beautiful when the plant's in the landscape fill in. Glad to see your koi looking so calm, and settled, especially after the big move, and the one koi been ill.
Thank you so much i feel the same way the view really sealed the deal. Some of the house being renovated helped too. Gave us the great jump start we needed.

Yes it is still touch and go for one it has a rash that seems to go away at night but is visible during the day he is still eating and very social and had a salt bath recently and we had treated the pond with melafix given to us by the original owners.

Just Beautiful! Looks like it has been there forever.
Thank you so much can't wait to see it 1 or 2 years in.

Day shot from today
20180819_202708.jpg

herzausstahl

herzausstahl
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Thank you, so far the skimmer has handle the task, but i am yet to see how fall goes. With some help I think it will do well.

More pics from when i was sitting on a rock on the waterfall
View attachment 114857
View attachment 114856
Sitting on a rock on the waterfall is totally something I'd do lol I even placed rocks by my lower pond to walk across in front of the waterfall lol now I just have to trim my mugo pine back so I can reach them

herzausstahl

herzausstahl
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
That's the cool thing, your never truly done lol always something to change or tweek in between. I just wish I could learn to sit still by it long enough to enjoy it

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Telion - Beautiful!!!!!! You are in Colorado, right? How likely are you to have bears or other really large critters come visit the pond?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Telion - Beautiful!!!!!! You are in Colorado, right? How likely are you to have bears or other really large critters come visit the pond?
Thank you. I am actually in Utah. Not to likely to get anything crazy raccoons and deer possibly. I have seen fox's and coyotes but that's about it in this area. Wolfy is the biggest concern. He is still a baby at 1 an 1/2 years old. At some point he might realize that he is part wolf and want some fish for lunch or dinner. We keep a close eye on the way he looks at them and correct the predator gaze if we see it.
20180808_202143.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
He really is my wonderful intelligent baby. He is like having a dog that took one of those smart pills.

Ask a Question