First attempt at a large pond

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Bravo Telion what we can't see but I know is there behind that view of all your hard work are those mountains. and add the water fall to that view and your town is going to hit you up with a view TAX if you don't have that out there wait you will. and I won't want to pay your electric bill once you get the pond done your have the falls running as your retiring for the night and know you should shut the pump down but say ah a few more minutes of my million dollar view and it will run all night. great work great plan taking full advantage of a raw canvas with your property my hats off to you!!
Hahahaha you are SO right on So MANY LEVELS, that all I could do is laugh. Got a tear from how hard I laughed at the truth in this...Thank you!

herzausstahl

herzausstahl
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Bravo Telion what we can't see but I know is there behind that view of all your hard work are those mountains. and add the water fall to that view and your town is going to hit you up with a view TAX if you don't have that out there wait you will. and I won't want to pay your electric bill once you get the pond done your have the falls running as your retiring for the night and know you should shut the pump down but say ah a few more minutes of my million dollar view and it will run all night. great work great plan taking full advantage of a raw canvas with your property my hats off to you!!
Lol let's hope his taxes are still light years behind yours! Lol but for the falls a timer could always be a great idea. Or one of the on/off remotes like this
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Westek-R...emote-Keychain-Fob-Dual-Outlet-Black/24949858

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Lol let's hope his taxes are still light years behind yours! Lol but for the falls a timer could always be a great idea. Or one of the on/off remotes like this
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Westek-R...emote-Keychain-Fob-Dual-Outlet-Black/24949858

Agreed, and funny you should mention that timer/remote it's nice you can also schedule it to come on at certain times for certain durations of time. It's basically exactly what I have except I got the wifi one.
Screenshot_20180915-155831.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
YOU HOLDING OUT ON US ??? HAVE YOU FINISHED THat crazy water fall of yours.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hahaha no. I think I have to push it back till next season tooant other projects took a higher priority. But meanwhile...Video of the pond at the end of the season. I know I too am a bit unhappy that I didn't get that done but we accomplished a ton this year....unless you ask my wife lol.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hahaha no. I think I have to push it back till next season tooant other projects took a higher priority. But meanwhile...Video of the pond at the end of the season. I know I too am a bit unhappy that I didn't get that done but we accomplished a ton this year....unless you ask my wife lol.

If only .... oh hell I better not comment to many here have already gotten their feathers ruffled by my words. just another day in the neighborhood.
Are all those koi from that guy who had to get rid of his koi ?
you have a couple monsters in there.
I hear yeah on the amount of work I worked on the pond all weekend i'm placing a telephone pole next to the pond running a wire and hanging golf netting around the pond so when i'mnot around I won't have any worries of the great blue heron or ospree. pic is in the blog

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
The pond and landscape looks more mature, it's sad that fall is here already. Wish summer was longer.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
it does not pay to have a view lot except to the tax office .The house is on the smallest lot of all 3 lots My foggy view .the tax man gets you every t
100_5587.JPG
ime
100_5658.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
If only .... oh hell I better not comment to many here have already gotten their feathers ruffled by my words. just another day in the neighborhood.
Are all those koi from that guy who had to get rid of his koi ?
you have a couple monsters in there.
I hear yeah on the amount of work I worked on the pond all weekend i'm placing a telephone pole next to the pond running a wire and hanging golf netting around the pond so when i'mnot around I won't have any worries of the great blue heron or ospree. pic is in the blog
Lol i noticed that but what is family for if you cant have an occasional argument every now and then. Yes all except for the little ones 4"s or less those are Petco and Petsmart but yep all the big ones are from the one pond. That's a great idea I never was fond of the potential necessity of having to net a pond and that would be a great solution. I may have to do.something though heard tow somethings going at it or fighting near the pond last night and I don't have any type of lighting that I can switch on and off from inside yet.

it does not pay to have a view lot except to the tax office .The house is on the smallest lot of all 3 lots My foggy view .the tax man gets you every tView attachment 116465 ime View attachment 116464

No taxation for my view :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The pond and landscape looks more mature, it's sad that fall is here already. Wish summer was longer.
Yes I would like to have more time in summer as well but it's a bittersweet because I'm getting worn out from all of the work I have put into it this year and it will give me something to be excited about next year to see everything nearly double in size as far as plants go

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I thought so too until that showed up on my tax bill 5 years ago and questioned it at my tax office .I have been here since 2004 and bought the property in Jan. 2003 .Still puts my taxes at a little over a thousand dollars but what nerve of the tax people here .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I thought so too until that showed up on my tax bill 5 years ago and questioned it at my tax office .I have been here since 2004 and bought the property in Jan. 2003 .Still puts my taxes at a little over a thousand dollars but what nerve of the tax people here .
Um sissy, A thousand dollar tax bill on your property is something I thought was long gone. No view here and i'm 4 times that for a modest place . can't wait to see why the tax man feels my hand work on my pond. should benefit the tax base here . i'll enjoy that conversation. much like another lately

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yes I would like to have more time in summer as well but it's a bittersweet because I'm getting worn out from all of the work I have put into it this year and it will give me something to be excited about next year to see everything nearly double in size as far as plants go
I hear yeah on the worn out part your just revers of the order I went I worked on the house first then the pond. but I do still have much to do in the house. now that the crazy heat is GONE I have been redoing my neighbors lawn as it took a hit from the planting of the hedge. And working on a 16 foot high Avery sorta speak around and over the pond. Not to mention getting around to trying to finish covering all the rubber edges

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Havent seen nor heard from you too much this year hows your pond coming along

Ask a Question