First attempt at a large pond

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
And Wolfy is pretty comfy, too! Beautiful!
Thank you yeah we had walked him earlier so he would be a little worse our while we worked.

That's gorgeous, seems like you had the perfect plan to enjoy the pond year round.
We were lucky enough to find the window for the full view. Originally we were going to shift the french door more toward the bedroom and it would have been the view. But we could not resist that huge window.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
The decision on the window is much better, that view is priceless, I wish my house and garden had a layout that would enable a better view of my pond from inside.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The decision on the window is much better, that view is priceless, I wish my house and garden had a layout that would enable a better view of my pond from inside.
So true we truly lucked out.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yep drywall, or whatever and trim etc. Unless you like studs/framing!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I love big windows and that was the main reason I wanted almost floor to ceiling windows in my house when it was built ,the fall back is with even triple pane windows they give off a chill in the winter and give off heat in the summer .So my windows i picked out carefully were really not worth it since I have to protect things from the sun and heat in the summer and cold in the winter .Sad to say :(I thought good triple pane windows would not do this

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yep drywall, or whatever and trim etc. Unless you like studs/framing!
I do enjoy the industrial look. I was thinking more about the left side of our hill which is being redone do to it being steep and every time Wolfy would run up and down it he would take a plant with him lol. We are going to terrace it as a deterrent and to try to verify some plants to stay in place.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thank you, that truly was the goal. It was a little difficult at first because as we were talking to the real estate agent (great guy and now friend) he shared it should be where it can be seen and enjoyed. This was a struggle at first because we could not see it and enjoy it from inside and have it be as big as we wanted. The solution French doors off the bedroom and a pergola fit to spend quality time outside. We have finally achieved each of those and can (well will) thoroughly enjoy it. The huge bedroom window going un will help too :)
Bravo Telion what we can't see but I know is there behind that view of all your hard work are those mountains. and add the water fall to that view and your town is going to hit you up with a view TAX if you don't have that out there wait you will. and I won't want to pay your electric bill once you get the pond done your have the falls running as your retiring for the night and know you should shut the pump down but say ah a few more minutes of my million dollar view and it will run all night. great work great plan taking full advantage of a raw canvas with your property my hats off to you!!

Ask a Question