First lily bud ever! So excited.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
So, the first bloom is gone but the second has hit the surface and I already have a third coming up. This Sioux is really blooming well for me so far and I’ve only had it for 2-3 months.

80818257-6CA2-43DC-926B-9D076C29C4ED.jpeg
A50DC9EF-92AF-41CB-8BEA-A2BD7C1EFEB3.jpeg

Reaction score
Country
United States
You need to get you a couple of tropical Lilly’s. Get one that is a night bloomer and one that is a day bloomer. It is so exciting to watch them open and close every morning and evening. They are strictly a one season only plant, unless you have a year round warm climate. I know some people who bring them inside in winter, but that is just a bit too messy for me. The color choices are so much more vibrant and beautiful. Makes a great addition to any pond. Just saying....

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Thanks everyone! I may try a tropical lily at some point, but I'm more of a "buy a plant once and enjoy it year after year kind of guy".
A hardy lily can be a buy once and enjoy for life kinda plant. I had 9 blooms yesterday 8 yellow and a pink. I haven't bought a yellow lily in over 20 years. I added the pink lily to my pond 2 year's ago. It came from my mom''s pond. She planted in her pond when they built it in 1972 or 73. Unfortunately my dad just filled their pond in they just couldn't take care of it anymore and were just to stubborn to let me take care of it for them. The one in the front is hers

Attachments

• IMG_2119.jpg
    IMG_2119.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 130
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
You need to get you a couple of tropical Lilly’s. Get one that is a night bloomer and one that is a day bloomer. It is so exciting to watch them open and close every morning and evening. They are strictly a one season only plant, unless you have a year round warm climate. I know some people who bring them inside in winter, but that is just a bit too messy for me. The color choices are so much more vibrant and beautiful. Makes a great addition to any pond. Just saying....
I love the tropical lilies but tried twice to over winter indoors tried 2 different ways with no luck. My hardy lilies have done so well I would have to get rid of 2 or 3 just to add a tropical. Hopefully one day I will build an indoor pond.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Here’s bloom #2!! I’m loving this Sioux, hope it keeps it up.

View attachment 113070
A Sioux was the only lily I planted that didn't live long enough to bloom. It was a sad little cutting I thought I could save. I planted one this year and it is growing really slow but looks like it is trying. I have my fingers crossed and think I found a home for 2 of my yellow ones to give the sioux room to thrive

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
A hardy lily can be a buy once and enjoy for life kinda plant. I had 9 blooms yesterday 8 yellow and a pink. I haven't bought a yellow lily in over 20 years. I added the pink lily to my pond 2 year's ago. It came from my mom''s pond. She planted in her pond when they built it in 1972 or 73. Unfortunately my dad just filled their pond in they just couldn't take care of it anymore and were just to stubborn to let me take care of it for them. The one in the front is hers
The pink looks just like the 2 (Attraction) that I have nut not sure sometimes I get them confused. Yesterday I thought my attraction was the one blooming but when I checked the pot this morning it was my mom's

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a/7b depending on the map
Country
United States
Well the lily in litter is blooming, but I'm not here to see anything except the bud. Dogone thing blooms while I'm at work, and by the time I get home it's closed. But at least I know it bloomed. Finally. :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Well the lily in litter is blooming, but I'm not here to see anything except the bud. Dogone thing blooms while I'm at work, and by the time I get home it's closed. But at least I know it bloomed. Finally. :D
I have my daughter take photos of my blooms before she goes to work and send them to me so I can see them while they are open

Ask a Question