Fish disease on 3 of my koi

Reaction score
What a relief for you. My fish (goldies) had slimy & sloughing off skin, ick or costia, and bacteria infections...I discovered it too late and treatment was too late too. I used Tetra Pond Fish Pond Treatment it is formalin based. The few that survived improved within a week with a total pond clean out and fresh water with that treatment. . The water has been below 68 degrees and the ick 's life cycle takes longer and I retreated today as some white spots are showing on some fish. The water has finally reached 70 degrees. My water is very clear, nitrites is 0, ph is 8 to 9 , amonia 0 Fish are chubby and acting normal.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Turns out that these spots are just missing scales and scrapes, no disease. And that on the low quality koi such as this discoloration of pigments can happen also. So back into the pond yesturday and was very happy and eating like a horse!
If these are missing scales and scrapes my friend then thats isnt good, however it poses question "who caused them you or the dealer"?
There is a knack to catching koi and the only time a net need touch a koi is when they have been led to the surface by a Pancake net and are scooped from it by use of a sock net .
The sock net allows your koi to pass through the net to the open other end which you are grasping till the koi is released into the bag for transport.
You can even lead by use of the pancake net your fish into a treatment or benching bowl without having ever to touch your koi, so if you dont have the right nets it may be an idea to buy the two nets weve mentioned and practice catching your koi or bowling them .
If it wasnt you Wayne then I strongly suggest you dont use that koi dealership ever again my friend as bad handling at the QT stage can cause the buyer no end of problems later on.
Plus buying such low grade koi I would storongly recomend against "you can do alott better than these my friend". (y)

Dave

Last edited:

Ask a Question