Foaming bubbler

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I have had to turn off my pump for the water fall it find a leak, I have put in a bubbler from my in door aquarium. For some reason they are lots and lots of bubbles that seem to be a white foam like thing. I never saw this with my in door tank. Is there a problem with the water, the pond is very clear

thanks Ron

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
If you have an advance aquarium practice I'm sure you have heard of protein skimmers.
They are very simple to build. You have say a 4 " clear pvc pipe aboutv3 feet long with a reducer down to say an 1 1/2 inch that is 6 inches tall. That is open on both ends but the top is inside a collection cup. As the proteinnis aerated it is also separated /concentrated from the water column it roses and over fl I was into the cup very simple and effective. The problem comes in where this also removes positive minerals from the water. So it's a bit of a trade off. You can add the minerals back by adding water, or replacing with trace elements within a bottle

Ask a Question