Free Koi to a Good Home!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
They are all doing fine this morning. They even came up to eat. They are playing follow the leader and love to play in the waterfall. I will take some more pics today and post.
That's great to hear! I'm so glad they survived the stress of it all. Can't wait to see the pics. Thanks again!

koidaddy

karps house of koi
Reaction score
Here are the pics I took. Not as good as I wanted, I need to figure my camera out. The last pic they are on the bottom 3' down. These fish will be the jewels of my pond when they get there. Do these guys have names Chris? Thank you so much again. Noel

Attachments

• P9040015 (Custom).JPG
    P9040015 (Custom).JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 346
  • P9040019 (Custom).JPG
    P9040019 (Custom).JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 372
  • P9040022 (Custom).JPG
    P9040022 (Custom).JPG
    25.4 KB · Views: 373
  • P9040023 (Custom).JPG
    P9040023 (Custom).JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 321
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Love the pics, KoiDaddy!!! They are beauties for sure, Chris! And, by the looks of the tote you have them in, KoiDaddy, they are HUGE!!! Sometimes it's hard to believe they are that large, until you see them in something you can certainly guess the size. And, glad you have them in a large area that is deep, sounds like they were jumpers. They will be very happy when they get to their new permanent home with your other fish. Good luck, and thanks for taking us all along for the ride. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Here are the pics I took. Not as good as I wanted, I need to figure my camera out. The last pic they are on the bottom 3' down. These fish will be the jewels of my pond when they get there. Do these guys have names Chris? Thank you so much again. Noel
Thanks for the pictures, we are so glad they made it to their new home. We never gave them formal names, just called them "big calico", "little calico" , "big orange", "little yellow", "orange & white" (Not too creative are we??). I have to say I look out in the pond and still expect to see them there...strange, huh? Glad to hear they ate this morning, as you can tell by their size, they love to eat! Chris

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That is beautiful yellow one, and the others are beautiful too.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Very nice looking big fish and so glad everything is going well for them. All of them are pretty but I kinda favor the calico one in the 2nd photo
fish34.gif

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
wow nice looking fish and glad they made it to your home safe and sound .And wonder if there is a reward for the county escapee ,country how much you think your worth we will have to devide the reward up .I hope the fish stay healthy and happy for a long time

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Haha, Sissy, I doubt that anyone would want to pay a ransom to get me out of jail! Hopefully I'll simply stay out of the clink and won't have to worry about it. :) Wouldn't want to be know on the GPF as someone that everyone had to pitch in their pennies to get me released. LOL

Reaction score
Country
United States
View attachment 38006View attachment 38007Hi, I have mentioned before that I am a first time ponder and have a 160 gallon pre-formed pond. I took the advice of the pet store and the aquarium guy and bought too many koi for my pond size. I have had them for 1 and 1/2 years and they are great. The only problem is that they are WAY TOO BIG for my tiny pond. I am hoping that someone will understand my problem and be willing to help me out. Some of you recommend I dig a bigger pond for them, but I don't have a way to put them in a holding tank and I have VERY limited space on my enclosed patio to build a bigger pond. Others of you recommend getting some small goldies for my size pond - which I will probably do .

I would gladly give them away to a good home if someone would be interested in coming to get them from me. I already talked to the Daytona Aquarium store and they would gladly take them but I have no way to get them there safely.

I have 5 adorable koi. They are typically shy but will take food from my hand. I will tell you that they are BIG! Four of the five are about 18" long and one is smaller at about 12 - 14". One is solid orange, one is primarily yellow, one is orange and white , one is silver calico and one is white calico.

I love them dearly but fear that they will suffer if I keep them in such a small space. They are all healthy and I have had no problems with them. I do weekly water changes to keep them happy!

The fish are in DeBary, Florida, which is in between Daytona and Orlando. If you think you could love these cuties and have the means to come and get them safely to a new pond, I would be more than happy to have you "adopt" them. I attached some pictures, they are the best I have at this time. Thanks for the consideration!

Chris

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi I have a pond my husband just built large enough please call me 864450......

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Country
United States
View attachment 38006View attachment 38007Hi, I have mentioned before that I am a first time ponder and have a 160 gallon pre-formed pond. I took the advice of the pet store and the aquarium guy and bought too many koi for my pond size. I have had them for 1 and 1/2 years and they are great. The only problem is that they are WAY TOO BIG for my tiny pond. I am hoping that someone will understand my problem and be willing to help me out. Some of you recommend I dig a bigger pond for them, but I don't have a way to put them in a holding tank and I have VERY limited space on my enclosed patio to build a bigger pond. Others of you recommend getting some small goldies for my size pond - which I will probably do .

I would gladly give them away to a good home if someone would be interested in coming to get them from me. I already talked to the Daytona Aquarium store and they would gladly take them but I have no way to get them there safely.

I have 5 adorable koi. They are typically shy but will take food from my hand. I will tell you that they are BIG! Four of the five are about 18" long and one is smaller at about 12 - 14". One is solid orange, one is primarily yellow, one is orange and white , one is silver calico and one is white calico.

I love them dearly but fear that they will suffer if I keep them in such a small space. They are all healthy and I have had no problems with them. I do weekly water changes to keep them happy!

The fish are in DeBary, Florida, which is in between Daytona and Orlando. If you think you could love these cuties and have the means to come and get them safely to a new pond, I would be more than happy to have you "adopt" them. I attached some pictures, they are the best I have at this time. Thanks for the consideration!

Chris

Hello Chris my name is Chris too from Tn. If you serious I will take them from you. Number 615-962-2646

Ask a Question