Frogs in strange places

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a/sunset zone 23
Country
United States
This is the first year the Baja California tree frogs from the nearby creek have really found my pond (we had a very wet and prolonged rainy season, so assuming there are a lot more than usual this year), and while my husband is extremely thankful that they all seem to be females (no noise), they all are spending most of their time not in the pond at all, but hiding behind the cushions of the patio table next to the pond. I’m a bit puzzled by the choice of location. Is this a common secret frog spot that no one talks about? 🤔 This is a typical sight when I lean one of the back cushions of the bench forward to look behind it:

Attachments

• IMG_7775.jpeg
    IMG_7775.jpeg
    328 KB · Views: 13

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
This is the first year the Baja California tree frogs from the nearby creek have really found my pond (we had a very wet and prolonged rainy season, so assuming there are a lot more than usual this year), and while my husband is extremely thankful that they all seem to be females (no noise), they all are spending most of their time not in the pond at all, but hiding behind the cushions of the patio table next to the pond. I’m a bit puzzled by the choice of location. Is this a common secret frog spot that no one talks about? 🤔 This is a typical sight when I lean one of the back cushions of the bench forward to look behind it:
I have to be careful here and check any spots where frogs might be resting. Under cushions, in the water hose box, even in my rubber boots! They like nice dark spots so yes be careful :wideyed:

Ask a Question