Fry update...7/2/2011

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
Fishin'...did you catch my post in the "that was fast" thread? they spawned again yesterday 7-8-2011...good clean healthy water...and this Michigan weather..you never know what it'll do! i did nothing about the spawn tho.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Yea I read it.:regular_waving_emot lol Stayed up until 2:30 am catching up on all the missed posts from my day and a half away. You can always raise up another 40 or so fry to a inch or two and ship them here. I have the set-up ready to keep fry but no fry to put in there.:rolleyes:

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
fry at 5 weeks old today...
SANY1227.jpg

SANY1223.jpg

SANY1224.jpg

SANY1225.jpg

SANY1226.jpg

Reaction score
What's the approximate length on them now. I know there is probably a range. Just curious to where yours are so I can gauage when mine get there.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
I love the one with the black back and the yellow/orange face, there are two that are similar, I like the one with the least amount of black on it's face, I've been watching that one since you first started showing pics of them with color.

Reaction score
Holy smokes, they look amazing! They look like koi at 5 weeks. Mine still look like fry. haha

I haven't updated my thread in ages because nothing really happened since last update except they got bigger but at an incredibly slow rate. I will probably update my thread this weekend. Let's just say for now, out of 10,000+ fry, I'd given away 1000+ and kept about 300... I think I have under 150 now. Out of those 150, maybe only 20 have decent shape but none are worth keeping.

Reaction score
WOW! Beautiful baby fish! I have 50 or so in an aquarium in my house that I took out of the pond a week ago. I believe they are Koi, they look like yours....
Did a complete empty and clean out of the pond six weeks ago and I took all the goldfish to the pond guy. Only have 9 big Koi left in my pond. I don't see any barbels with the naked eye.....I don't see them on your baby Koi either, makes me feel better actually. I'm going to buy some of the brine shrimp today and bring my good camera home from work and try to get some pictures :)

Ask a Question