Geese in gold fish pond

Reaction score
I'm with you @Tara when it comes to being naive about all this stuff - I don't get it at all! But we've seen enough of it here that you start to see the signs... as @Mmathis says "The Spidey Senses". haha!

A

Advertising

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
@Lisak1 I wonder what way things are going, after the woods today I stopped for milk, and right there at the door of the soda section was a teen who keep slapping the fridge door open and closed, loudly, repeatedly non stop, of course my mind went to the thought, future troll, how awful. I think perhaps good manners needs to be a compulsory subject in school.

A

Advertising

Becky

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
This topic seems to be a little out of hand... The OP has not been online since a few hours after their last post, it's reasonable to assume that they just haven't been able to reply yet. I know that sometimes we do encounter spammers or trolls, but IMO this member has done nothing to justify being labelled as a troll. I have checked their details, there's nothing suspicious. I imagine they are just trying to figure things out.

@Tara - if you want to see what we're talking about, click on the "Members" tab at the top of the page, under the GPF banner. Then click on "current visitors" and see how many are listed as "robots". You'll be amazed.
When you see robots on the list that indicates search engines - they crawl through the site indexing the pages so that their database is kept up to date. Nothing dodgy at all ;) 'bots' will appear to you as members, but the forum software flags them up to me. Even if they slip through the net I can easily check them if they act suspiciously.

I know it's tempting to assume the worst of people, but that can sometimes inadvertently result in being mean to people who are just unfamiliar with forums and trying to find help.

If you're ever suspicious of someone let me know and I will check them out (y)

Reaction score
I know it's tempting to assume the worst of people,
Thanks for the reminder @Becky - it's always safer to assume the best.

From my perspective, this was more a discussion of what CAN happen in a post - no disrespect meant to this member at all. It is interesting to me how often a member will post a question, get responses and then... nothing. Never hear from them again. Did they get what they needed? Were they overwhelmed with all the responses? Did they feel intimidated? Did they forget they posted or where or how to get back to it? Did they get shy? Always leaves me scratching my head and hoping the enthusiastic replies aren't chasing folks away!

@Phillips66 - if you're still out there, come back! We don't bite!

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
I must apologize...... When I get on a rant, it’s hard to stop! And what I should have done was start a new thread so I wasn’t hijacking the OP’s thread. Sorry, @Phillips66!

Becky

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
It is interesting to me how often a member will post a question, get responses and then... nothing. Never hear from them again. Did they get what they needed? Were they overwhelmed with all the responses? Did they feel intimidated? Did they forget they posted or where or how to get back to it? Did they get shy? Always leaves me scratching my head and hoping the enthusiastic replies aren't chasing folks away!
Yeah I know what you mean. I think a lot of people, often those who are unfamiliar with forums, see them as a source of free help rather than a community. Once they get the help they need then they're happy, they don't consider the time and effort behind the advice. It's a shame really!

A

Advertising

Ask a Question