j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@ShawnInfirmity you'll get replies if you go start a thread and ask that question there as I know there are people here that use them. Some just take a phone and stick it in a jar or baggy and they have had good results. Not exactly sure how they do it but they do. Others have the water proof cams.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Does anyone have an underwater cam that they use and could recommend? I constantly struggle with getting good pictures of my fish because of the reflection on the water from the sun/sky.
I do have a brand new one, but haven't had the time to learn how to use it
...and it's actually my second one, I sold the first one cause I wasn't able to activate the app on my phone.
I'll have to ask my teens to read the manual for me!:D

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
@Gemma build up the dirt around your biofalls and plant some nice hostas or something else that will grow over the edges to conceal the box. I think you could conceal it that way!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
@Gemma build up the dirt around your biofalls and plant some nice hostas or something else that will grow over the edges to conceal the box. I think you could conceal it that way!
I tried Hostas around the pond and they did not do good, it's full sun and gets too hot.
I do have a small one in the pond, I forgot if it was you or @cas that inspired me to try it there, I really hope it will do good

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I'm trying a blue one that has very thick rubbery leaves, I'm thinking if any Hosta would make it, this one should

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I'm so happy that the Sun Inpatients are still doing so well!... and the Hosta too, you can see it in the last picture, peeking from the left corner of the waterfall.
I don't think I can squeeze any more plants in there, now I'm just hoping that the drastic shifts in the weather are over, so that the plants can start growing.
The pink and purple Petunia is looking sad, cause I just made that pot from cuttings! :)
july1pond.jpg

july1-2018.jpg

july1-2018b.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Thank you @j.w , I'm really trying! :)
Too bad the Forgetmenot are in between blooms, and I'm missing red, but the Cardinal Lobelia is about to bloom

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
It looks very nice @Gemma love the variety of plants you have going on there!
Thank you! :)
I try to fit as many plants as I can up there, cause I can't put any in the fish pool.
My koi never bothered plants until 2yrs ago when we resized the pond, I guess there was nothing for them to eat on the new liner, so they went after my plants....but I will try water lilies again someday

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hostas IN the pond won’t mjnd the sun at all. Outside the pond is another story. I plant them there anyway and just accept that they will be lovely until August.

Ask a Question