addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
trimming may alter the already bad quality of the video (happens to video trimmed to upload in e-mails) ..anyway I uploaded that video for my personal use so it's ok :)
Trimming the you tube does is just cutting of the beginning or end, it does not mess with the quality.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
What type of netting do you use? It looks more rigid as opposed to flimsy. Love the video and can't believe how green things still look and that you have flowers! We had very cold temps the other night and everything got nipped. Also, my fish are not nearly as active as yours!
The netting is coated steel mesh! It cost more but it's worth every penny ... it's very durable, easy to remove and put back and doesn't sink in the water when animals run across it

Lol you see flowers cause that video isn't the one I just made (that one didn't upload) this video I made a month ago for my sister, she likes koi but can't have any so she follows mine

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
The netting is coated steel mesh! It cost more but it's worth every penny ... it's very durable, easy to remove and put back and doesn't sink in the water when animals run across it

Lol you see flowers cause that video isn't the one I just made (that one didn't upload) this video I made a month ago for my sister, she likes koi but can't have any so she follows mine

Can you please share where you got the steel coated mesh netting?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Trimming the you tube does is just cutting of the beginning or end, it does not mess with the quality.
Good to know, thank you! :)
Can you please share where you got the steel coated mesh netting?
My husband ordered the 8' long sheets through one of his work supplier, I think you can find them online but if they come in a roll it's not as thick as the one we used....I can ask him more details and where one can find this mesh if you're interested

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Good to know, thank you! :)

My husband ordered the 8' long sheets through one of his work supplier, I think you can find them online but if they come in a roll it's not as thick as the one we used....I can ask him more details and where one can find this mesh if you're interested
Thanks, I'd be interested to know :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
@Tula and @cas The mesh is called:
1 1/2" x 1 1/2" square PVC coated steel wire mesh
12 gauge thickness
4'x8' sheet
It is used for robot guarding
He said if he lived in Ohio, he'd probably check Frame World or Flodraulics (RHM Fluid Power Inc.)

You might be able to get it online but keep that 12 gauge thickness in mind.
We bent the 2 sides to make it sturdier and if you get the 1" square (opposed to the 1 1/2 ) it's even sturdier

I hope this help! :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
@Tula and @cas The mesh is called:
1 1/2" x 1 1/2" square PVC coated steel wire mesh
12 gauge thickness
4'x8' sheet
It is used for robot guarding
He said if he lived in Ohio, he'd probably check Frame World or Flodraulics (RHM Fluid Power Inc.)

You might be able to get it online but keep that 12 gauge thickness in mind.
We bent the 2 sides to make it sturdier and if you get the 1" square (opposed to the 1 1/2 ) it's even sturdier

I hope this help! :)
I looked at the Frame World site. I may send them an e-mail, as I'm not sure what to ask for, although I did see "guarding" panels. My, ponding teaches us all kinds of things...I never knew robots needed guarding, but of course it now totally makes sense !

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
.I never knew robots needed guarding, but of course it now totally makes sense !
Yes when I said robots I meant a robotic machine and some of those do require safety guards :)
I really hope you can find these panels, because it is just the best solution out of all the netting types I've tried and I think you would love it too

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
@Tula the sheets are 4' x 8' so figure out how many panels you'd need, then contact the company and ask if they sell (the kind of mesh I described in my previous post), to the public

Ask a Question